my mother picked me up some pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmen84

Reaction score
I've been pipe smoking about for years now. the other day my mom saw some pipes with a stand and bought them 4 kaywoodies and a bradford and two old cobs that ill just keep. one of the kaywoodies is unsmoked with the number 42. There's also humidor for keeping tobacco  fresh  made by duk it.  keep in mind these pipes have been sitting for 50 years here's the process thus far I soaked the stems in baking soda in hot water then used a magic easer. Then cleaned the in side with 100 whiskey and rub them down with chap sick. I reamed each bowl then used sea salt and whiskey to sweeten the bowl. some of the pipes are the briar is faded s there anyway to fixed the faded briar I have the wax that is needed. I've tried to post pictures but for some reason I can't figure out how to.

Very nice Mom you have.

To post pictures you'll need to upload them to something like Photobucket (free). You'll then need to copy the link for the individual photos and paste in the links one at time after clicking the "Insert an image" button you see when posting here. The link should be a URL, just paste the URL in where indicated.

Hope this helps.

Your Mom is awesome! I am up for adoption, just sayin....

Way to go mom!     I see you taught your son well - he doesn't use cheap rotgut to clean those pipes.    8)

My wife gave me the okay to buy some stain for the pipes is there any particular stain that I need to buy? I know I'm going to need a light and dark stain. I must say that I really enjoyed the restoration process I've always wanted to do this but I really didn't have the money before I think I might make this a new hobby of mine it's relaxing and I feel as if I'm contributing to awesomeness.

Most pipe makers and restoration experts use leather dye. Fiebings is a good brand that is readily available. Chocolate is great for dark pipes, Buckskin or British Tan for light.

MisterE":47907pnc said:
Your mom is awesome!

My mom told me I "looked stupid out there sucking on that thing" a few years back. :lol:
:lol!: I know the feeling brother! Mine said something similar. ;)

Those egg cartons are much more functional, once ya get rid of the eggs! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The pipes are done I had a lot of fun restoring them. A couple of the pipes have marks in the metal where the stem screws in. To any of you guys know if this can be fixed and if so who might be able to fix it? I sanded all the pipes down besides the one that had it not been smoked I used chocolate dye and British tan. I can't wait to find some more also keep in mind I never done this before. Let me know what you guys think.

Ocelot55":e6rjxrhn said:
Most pipe makers and restoration experts use leather dye. Fiebings is a good brand that is readily available. Chocolate is great for dark pipes, Buckskin or British Tan for light.
Agreed, however, I do like to experiment with some more unconventional colors myself.