my new go-to mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragged claws

Reaction score
Putting common sense aside and ignoring suggestions by some helpful people here, I mixed a couple of tobaccos together and came up with a mixture that I really like. I had some Dunbar and some 1-Q drying on a piece of printer paper and decided to mix them and see what happened. The resulting mixture (equal amounts of each) smokes well and tastes great. I can taste a lot more Virginia than with Dunbar alone and the vanilla flavor and smell of the 1-Q is reduced to just a subtle side note. This mixture seems to light, and stay lit easier, and burn cooler too. I enjoy this new concoction so much I may just use it exclusively for my daily smoke and reserve my English and Oriental blends for my evening single malt tastings.

Kim

Sounds tasty but can you replicate it EXACTLY time after time? Let us know how it goes after you've done it consistently for a year :twisted:

monbla256":zbsrj67c said:
Sounds tasty but can you replicate it EXACTLY time after time? Let us know how it goes after you've done it consistently for a year :twisted:
I know for a fact that I can not replicate it exactly every time. Each time I mix the two tobaccos I get a little more, or a little less of the aro taste and smell. The variations in mixes aren't severe and don't really bother me. I don't think that I've ever done anything consistently for a year and I doubt that my new "mixture" will remain my favorite go-to smoke for any where near that amount of time. :lol:

Kim

Nothing wrong with mixin' n' matchin'. So long as you don't do it pounds at a time or something, and use decent tobacco (just in case you don't like what you're doing, it's much harder to separate the tobacco once mixed).

Get a good kitchen scale that's sensitive enough to weigh in grams, and just remember the ratios in case you do like what you make. I mix up small batches frequently, but I don't usually get good results...blending is a science in and of itself I'm not quite ready for. I still do it, though. :lol:

Plus, often tastes early on can and do change, so there's that to consider, too.

8)