My new pipe for walkabouts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Went for a double walkabout with Levi today. Normally that is a minimum of 2 cobs and most of the time a 3 cob drive, walk, drive. Today I filled the Tsuge Tankard with Georgetown Tobacco Reverie, my staple smoke. Filled the Tankard and fired it up in the driveway and off we went to the waking grounds where we usually do 3 loops and then homeward bound. Today we did 6 loops and when we got to the Mercedes Levi began his usual sing for his treat and the Tsuge was still smoking. I treated Levi and let him in the car and there was no smoke coming so I looked inside and shook the pipe a bit only to find ash, not a speck of dottle, I think I found my everyday walkabout pipe!

8544737647_d06d990ca0_o.jpg

:shock: I generally only smoke my cobs on walkabouts since I can fall being unstable from Stiff Person Syndrome, a neurological disorder. I don't like using one of my better pipes and place them in harms way should I shear a stem, with a cob it is easily replaced as I have spares but a good briar might be rendered useless should I take a bad tumble so I smoke them when I am sitting in the yard on a nice day with a cuppa next to me.

the rev":d11nnwwj said:
not going walkabout with your ivarson?

rev

I suspected as much and was therefore being sarcastic :)

rev

Sounds like a terrific late Winter / early Spring walkabout. I am afflicted by spies in my outdoor activities. My missus has a SmartPhone and my dear daughter is an ER nurse. The former takes pictures of me shoveling snow, climbing onto the roof and other ordinary manly activities and sends them to the latter who then instructs me with examples of guys brought to the ER with "full blown cardio events!" and "they're half your age!" so "hire someone!" I made the mistake of organizing my tobacco hoard in the basement which had the unintended consequence of calling attention to its scope :| A great thing about dogs as companions is they're not natural alarmists.

I made the mistake of organizing my tobacco hoard in the basement which had the unintended consequence of calling attention to its scope
Indicated response : "That's how much tobacco I haven't smoked !"

:face:

That's a nice Tsuge, Banjo. I've been trying to locate one, but the black blasts are less common than the smooths apparently.Tell me, does the military metal mount stem mount, in the shank, fit securely. I read on another forum that it can come loose. Is that so?

kashmir,
Mine is amazingly tight, I tried to unscrew it to no avail, that's not to say that heat and cold, heat and cold over time won't make it loosen but for now it's as if it was machined with the bottom. It weighs exactly 1 1/2 ozs. with a pipe cleaner in it I hardly knew it was there save the fact I was enjoying a smoke the whole time, try Iwan Ries and I bet they still have some of the black blasts it's where I got mine for $96 and shipping.

Thanks Banjo! Probably the nicest pipe on the market today, in its price range. Lovely!