My new Pipe Tampers...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boom

Reaction score
Well I finally have a way to make Pipe Tamers that I am very pleased with...

Instead of using a ammo shell casing for the tamp heads I now am using a metal head. This one is in 24kt, I will have others in a few weeks (Gunmetal, Copper and Nickel) This one is 3 inches tall with a 3/8 tamp head. It is made of Afzelia Burl. I still am working out ideas for a removable portion for a poker...

Also in the future I would like to try acrylics as well.

I enjoy being able to share my hobby of woodworking and creating unique smoking accessories for all of you.

Please let me know you thoughts on these.

DSCN2355.jpg

I think it's a gorgeous tamper. I like natural materials for tampers for some reason. The acrylics are nice but never appeal to me like those that are made of something more earthy.

It's a great look, form and function. Those exotic woods make a tamper special, and using the metal head instead of a shell casing puts it in a different class. Nice work,,,

Very excellent looking tamper, if I may say so myself. I also agree that the natural materials look far superior.

Nice tamper, but I use my finger, have'nt got burned terribly bad!! :tongue: Ken
Pacem en Fuego! :tongue:

Thanks for the comments guys... I have more to sell now I just need to get the min posts needed....

Here is the latest batch...

From Left to Right...

Purpleheart w/ Gunmetal
Olivewood w/ Gold
White Limba w/ Chrome
Padauk w/ Gold
Spanish Cedar w/ Chrome
Cocobolo w/ Gold

DSCN2390.jpg

Boom go to "The Towne Crier" and post your stuff for sale... The Trading Section is a bit different and set up for member to member trades.

I was lucky enough to get a cocobolo tamper from Troy. He is fantastic craftsman. Now if we can only talk him into pipe racks......