My office/ my cellar/ my ham shack... pic heavy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Here are photos of my man cave... I will add more as I get it organized.

20150307_165504-M.jpg
" />

20150307_165900-M.jpg
" />

20150307_165830-M.jpg
" />

20150307_165533-M.jpg
" />

20150307_165542-M.jpg
" />

20150307_165551-M.jpg
" />

37671539_bDQwtD
[/url][/img]

I now know where I'm headed to wait out the zombie apocalypse! That is one impressive cellar sir! My hat's off to you!

Ok, so I finished reorganizing the office.  Here are the rest of the pictures.  I still have some final sorting to do, but I am very happy with the results.  It feels comfortable in here now.

Starting from the left...
20150307_201903-M.jpg
" />

Where my work gets done.. yes, there are 4 monitors there
20150307_201923-M.jpg
" />

Amateur HF rig
20150307_201934-M.jpg
" />

And finally, my constant companion... almost 15 yrs old now.
20150307_201731-M.jpg
" />

Looks like you have a nice start on a pen collection!! What are they ? :twisted: :twisted:

Impressive! I had a bowhunting buddy years ago that use to say, "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!" :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

monbla256":r86h3bmj said:
Looks like you have a nice start on a pen collection!! What are they ? :twisted: :twisted:
My meager pen collection consists of the following

working:
1 parker parkette
2 parker 45s
1 monteverde regatta sport (red/black)
1 hero 616
5 dip pens w/ multiple assorted nibs

for parts or needing repair:
1 parker 21 (needs new nib)
1 parker 45
2 wearever (need sacs)
1 sheaffer snorkel (needs sac)

inks:
noodlers bulletproof black
noodlers blue (not sure of the shade)
private reserve red (not sure of exact shade)
several samplers from goulette pens

Splendid man cave there JP. Looks like a discerning gent like yourself has everything you need. If I had a room like that I'm not sure that I'd ever get out! Your companion looks like a sincere old chap too!

Judas Priest man, ya got enough tobacco? Looks like you need some MORE pipes to even it all out.;)
And 3 Monitors, Excessive multitasker are we? Gees, I can barely play Solitaire on one monitor much less 3. :fpalm:

That flag was from my dad. He passed a few years ago after a year long battle with 3 different cancers caused from his time in 'Nam and exposure to Agent Orange.

Gotcha.. Thank you for sharing that.

Odd but that's what caught my attention in the pics. Probably because we recently recovered a long missing burial flag.

What is the Kenwood radio in the one picture? I have a Kenwood TS-711 all mode 2 meter base unit that looks just like the radio pictured. I know Kenwood made an HF and a 440 version of the radios and they looked pretty much the same.

I was left a Kenwood TS-820 when a relative passed. I don't know much about it, had a radio license back in high school, but haven't touched one since. I'm hoping one of these days I'll find time to getting this thing running. It's in like new condition.

Just mail it to me Rob. But don't expect me to spilt the $487 shipping bill that boat anchor will command.. Lol.

I have a TS-830 I used to operate... I need to get an antenna up.

Yeah that thing is darn heavy for its size, I recon it's a little shy of 40 lbs.