My oldest pipe . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now there is a real quality pipe. By all means, revisit the old friend tomorrow. :)

I'm glad you saved that one, the Cumberland stem is wonderful. I'm becoming a big fan of Cumberland stems.

Spirit of brotherhood… but seriously, if I would stop smoking and keep only three pipes, my 4103 Cumberland would be one of them. So I think you made a perfect choice. The pipe is just awsome. Thanks for showing the pictures.

Nice Dunny,

Im a relatively newer pipe smoker, but my interest in antique briars goes well beyond my short existence. Here's a shot of two pre-trans, likely pre-WWII barlings I picked up at an estate auction for a mere $20 a piece! Haven't smoked em yet, a little too precious for me, they're lightly smoked but haven't been puffed in half a century or so.
Early barlings are hard to date, but these may be from as early as 1920 or so.

Happy puffing brothers and keep your eyes peeled for the nooks and crannies of our nation's rural antique meccas where I've found so many of these types of treasures. Hoping to pick up some preben holm's tomorrow that the vendor forgot to price before going on vacation.

Waiting for MisterE to chime in on this one, he loves da cumberland!

onabullit":l06jjc18 said:
Waiting for MisterE to chime in on this one, he loves da cumberland!
I do believe he is out of town

onabullit":ieesnpao said:
Nice Dunny,

Im a relatively newer pipe smoker, but my interest in antique briars goes well beyond my short existence. Here's a shot of two pre-trans, likely pre-WWII barlings I picked up at an estate auction for a mere $20 a piece! Haven't smoked em yet, a little too precious for me, they're lightly smoked but haven't been puffed in half a century or so.
Early barlings are hard to date, but these may be from as early as 1920 or so.
Beautiful pipes and at a steal to boot!

Come on . . . ya gotta smoke ‘em!

I agree.. beautiful pipes.... looking for some WWI era myself.. a little earlier than yours.. but you gotta smoke em... they deserve the use

james

jogilli":jzppo8hj said:
I agree.. beautiful pipes.... looking for some WWI era myself.. a little earlier than yours.. but you gotta smoke em... they deserve the use

james
Oh yes, very much so. My 1912 CIVIC, 1914 Masta and 1918 BBB are perfect smokers indeed.

That, sir, is a beauty! I love the cumberland line and have been looking for one that I can afford for some time. Perhaps some day I'll find the one for me!

Nice! Aside from the gold band it's virtually identical to my first Dunnie ever! If I could only find the damn thing now....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Always been a huge fan of Cumberland stems, I also love the gold inlay...very nice pipe.