My only Savinelli…

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schacht

Reaction score
…until now, is this Punto Oro wich has been a gift, and therefor I am of course completely non-critical.
What do you think about it?

_SCH2602_web.jpg

More than anything, it seems to fit very nicely into your collection, as if the person who gave it to you understands your taste in pipes. Looks like a classic.

I like the shape and the sabbiata. It looks like the kind of pipe I would buy. I just bought my first Savinelli recently and it smokes like a dream!

Happy smoking!

Yep, he took the words out of my mouth....Classy looking, love the stem....I want it...please put me in your Will. :lol:

Looks perfect for a Flake tobacco! Smallish but taller bowl....Enjoy, my friend!!!

Thank you all for your kind comments, dear brothers!

Yes, I was a little surprised how empathetic the pipe-smoking-colleague that gave this to me, anticipated perfectly well what I like on a pipe. It was a quy who saw some of my pipe-photography on a small German pipe-smokers-community and asked a few questions about photography in general - obviously he´s a very generous and grateful person and now I´m the lucky owner of this nice italian pipe. It looks like a good smoker and I gave it to Nils Thomsen who´s so friendly to clean the pipe (the ebonite stem needs also a little work too) and as soon as I get it back, I´m going to break it in.

Funny, Nero Wolfe, that you´re mentioning flakes. Jacek (jar) told lately that he uses FVF to break his pipes in, and I proposed to try that on this Punto Oro.

Now, after I saw Harlock´s inspiring photography in weldtchr´s Savinelli Non Pareil 9408 thread, I suppose this one is my first, but definitely not the last Savinelli.

Nice looking pipe. I recently sold a Punto Oro on Ebay, a smooth Dublin having that same type of shank and stem, in similar smoked condition. It went for $43.

Steve

Very nice...classy looking! I've always said it's hard to go wrong with a Savinelli!

You are in for a treat. Punto Oro= great briar, superb craftsmanship, excellent smoking properties.

Thanks a lot brothers! Isn´t it amazing how popular Savinelli actually is? Most of us got one, they are what some people call "reasonably priced" and most of the smokers I ever asked are perfectly convinced that their Savinelli pipes are great smoking machines. I´ll get mine back next thursday and since I read all your friendly comments, I am really looking forward to smoke it.

Kind regards
Thilo

I'm a BIG fan of Savinelli pipes... I own quite a few and they're all (as I noted in a previous post somewhere) "brilliant smokers." That said, the one you have is a beauty.

Enjoy!

Nice! I like the gentle curve of the stem, but its not so severe as to detract from the billiard line. Great photo too!

My first pipe was a Savinelli Lolita. I love that little guy and smoke it regularly.

Good looking pipe I have a few savinelli's love them all great smokers
Best Regards
Richard