My own GLP pilgrimage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cakeanddottle

Reaction score
I have Abingdon, Odyssey and Westminster in the cellar. I am definitely adding a tin of Meridian.

Are there any other GLP tins I need to add right away, or are the rest variations on a theme? I do not want any Perique, so Quiet Nights is out, but I am also curious about Charing Cross. Does this, or any others, warrant inclusion right now considering what I already have, or am I safe waiting on them and trying them later?

I really just want a baseline for GLP blends at this time, so I only want to add blends to my mini-pilgrimage if they really bring something different to the table compared to the blends I listed. Thanks!

The obvious blend missing is Chelsea Morning, which is lighter on the Lat than those listed. You might want to try a couple with cigar leaf - Key Largo & Robusto for example are both very good.

Muddler":pmajiyub said:
The obvious blend missing is Chelsea Morning, which is lighter on the Lat than those listed. You might want to try a couple with cigar leaf - Key Largo & Robusto for example are both very good.
Key Largo is already a keeper for me, great stuff. Thanks!

How would you classify Chelsea? I don't like a tobacco that's too thin. Is it along the lines of McClelland lat blends or stronger?

I certainly wouldn't rate CM as thin - it's a light English. It is rich in Red Va's which form the backbone of the blend. The Latakia is fairly lighty applied. I find it superior to McC's Lat blends, far more harmonious & balanced.