My Penzance tins went kerplunkt - poor seal!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
I stocked up on 7 tins if this well loved blend in late June and haven't touched it since. I kept the 8th tin next to my rotation as my open jar is almost out. I picked up the tin to transfer to a jar and to my surprise the tin opened on it's own without ANY force :shock:

I rushed to my stash and started checking he other tins and behold all 7 just popped open without effort. They were bought at different locations and luckily only have 2 months of age on them. I immediatly checked my other rect tins and they seemed pretty tight. Had anyone had similar experiences with esoterica or other brands?

Since I had 12oz of opened tobacco I put them all in a mason jar. Should I have kept them in the tins?

:shock:

Sounds like a wardrobe malfunction with the tin!

You did what I would have done - popped them in a jar.

With that said, I have a few tins that I'm going to go check now....

Guess I'm going to continue to buy bulk from now on when I store things long term.

4 tins arrived here this week. Two opened right up with no effort. The other two look to be barely sealed. But did not come open with light pressure. But I expect to have problems with seals on square/rectangular tins.

Round tins are pretty well sealed. The other rect/sqr tins seem tight but should I jar them anyway?

I would buy the bulk from now on.... Its what I do...here's why...

I CAN'T discern a diff between a fresh tin and a 5 year old tin.... It just doesn't seem to matter, it doesn't lose anything or gain anything.

And I smoke Penzance a lot...

I have a Penzance tin that I'll lay a few slices in when it runs low, but the rest stays in the Esoterica Bag or in a mason jar.