my pipe and tobacco books

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hester

Reaction score
Hello all
Here are a few books I have read throughtout the years I have enjoyed every one and most of which I have gotten on the web www.abebooks.com at a very good price.
In no kind of order they are

The Custom-Bilt pipe story by William E. Unger,jr

How to Scratch A Match by Millard C. Faught

Pipe And Pouch (book of Poetry)

About Smoke by Alfred Dunhill

Collectible Pipes by Jean Rebeyrolles

Pipe Crafting At Home By Pimo's

Webers Guide To Pipes by Carl Weber

My Lady Nicotine by J.M. Berrie

My Love My Pipe by Me (Charles Hester)

In Search of Pipe Dreams by Rick Newcombe

Smokerama by Philip Collins

Pipesmoking A 21st Century Guide by Richard C. Hacker
Rare Smoke
The Ultimate Pipe Book

The Pipe Book by Alfred Dunhill

Confessions of a Pipeman by Gary B. Schrier

The Pipe Companion by David Wright

The Pipe Smoker's Tobacco Book by Robert F. Winans

The Pipe by Georges Herment

The Illustrated History of The Pipe by Alexis Liebaert, Alain Maya

PIPE the art and lure of a great tradition by Robin Crole

Pipe Lore (may-june 1940)

The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris (last two books) by Tom Dunn

The Pipe Collector newsletter (VOL 16 number 1-6)

and last but not least 22 of the great Pipe & Tobacco Magazines

I know there are many moore books out there I dont know about or read but if I find anymore I will pass on the info
Best Regard
Richard

Great List! And useful, too.

I would add, as a recomendation, All About Tobacco, by Milton M Sherman, 1979.

He was a very knowledgeable tobacco importer and blender; it's a very authoritative book, which I bought at the old Wilke's on Madison Ave.

By the way, I love your icon. Some great looking pipes.

Sir
Thank you for a book that I have not even heard of to this point but will find it for sure. And I would like to thank you for the kind words about my pipes I made them all as a nice little past time. Looking forward to another great read.
Best Regards
Richard

Richard Hester":ty1cubpr said:
Sir
Thank you for a book that I have not even heard of to this point but will find it for sure. And I would like to thank you for the kind words about my pipes I made them all as a nice little past time. Looking forward to another great read.
Best Regards
Richard
surprised you haven't run across this, "All About Tobacco", but if you have any problem locating a copy it is posted on line in one of the tobacco literature collections, in its entirety. Only problem with the on-line copy is the typed version of the text is full of typos, but you can quickly refer back to the photo version to figure it out.

See: http://tobaccodocuments.org/nysa_ti_s1/TI56720085.html

Al (in Canada)

I once owned a copy of 'The Gentle Art of Smoking' by Alfred H. Dunhill but we have since somehow parted company ...

Thanks for the web link I will find a hard copy maybe www.abebooks.com has a copy they seem to have everything else.
Best Regards
Richard

A great collection Richard and resource for me as I am trying to get a collection together. I haven't heard of quiet a few of them. I have about 8 now, I managed to pick up signed copies of " Confessions of a Pipeman" and "In search of pipe dreams" a while ago but I am betting a lot were sold at pipe show signings.