My Pipe Collection 04.12.2012 A poor Man's Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CygnusXII

Reaction score
Well Here's my Pipe Collection, such that it is. Be kind, I threw a blanket over my Desk and snapped the pics with my Cell Phone Camera. What you see are 11 S&R's, a Few Petersons (Sytem, Killarney, Kapets), some Savinelli's, a couple of Edwards, BARI, some generic Algerian Briars, a Benwade, and a few blank Shop Brands.

https://imgur.com/a/hYYkK

CygnusXII":5434szdl said:
Well Here's my Pipe Collection, such that it is.
And what exactly is wrong with your collection? What do you mean 'such as it is'?

I'd call it a very nice collection - one that I would be proud of, as you should be Brother.

Tell you what - if you're not happy with them, PM me and i'll take them off your hands. :mrgreen:

Some good looking pipes by my account. I'm guilty of this as well, not labeling pipes brands on my pictures page.

Can you ID these:

KVZydh.jpg

VkH3Kh.jpg

The Bulldog has no markings at all. I've had it for about 20 years. I picked it up at an antique shop in Dallas Texas. The second one is made S&R Pipes in Columbus Ohio.

Heck, Cyg, that's a collection to be proud of. I'm not familiar with S&R, but they've got some interesting shapes. Do I see a Jobey Stromboli 250 in there? I absolutely love the rustication on those older Strombolis. They look like they fell from space. I've got an Asti 250 myself with some pics in here somewhere, but danged if I can remember the thread!

Good collection! I was getting a bit tripped-out by the constant scrolling of plaid, but I made it out okay. Woah, dude. ;)

kYaUNh.jpg

This one I especially liked. 8)

Hey --

If they're good briar, well seasoned and smoke well, they're good pipes !

:face:

Well thanks Folks,
I always feel dwarfed by folks that have huge Collections of Premier Pipes. I think that is a psychological flaw given to me by my Father, to always be measuring my success against others. I try to keep those from coming out, but those mental demons still work their way to the top every now and then. :(

George: Yes that's a Jobey Stromboli. I am in love with that Rustication also. I think they remind me of Lava Rock. I like their rustication technique because it is so sharp and crisp, almost jagged but not enough to cut your fingers.

Kyle: That is a S&R Bulldog from the late 80's. All the pipes with that little squiggly nomenclature are S&R's. It's a stylized S&R intertwined. The Carvers were a Husband and Wife Team from Columbus Ohio. Unfortunately the Husband Steve has passed away, but his Wife Roseweitha still makes pipes and maintains their Tobacco Store. I have 11 of their pipes. I love them that much.

Most of my pipes smoke trouble free, despite the abuse of being owned by me. They had an almost 10 year Hiatus, and were stored away, while I was abstaining from smoking. I guess that's a good way to age a collection. :p

A very nice collection!! I am a fan of S&R pipes also reasonably priced and good little smokers, lots of attention to details on those pipes.