My pipe has developed a leak!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have an inexpensive Molina pot that has moisture coming out from between the stummel and stem.   I am smoking good old CH, so there really isn't any excessive moisture from the tobacco.  The pipe has been smoking great until now.  What gives?

Well crap, I put this in the wrong place. :confused:

Cobs tend to do this frequently. If it doesn't bother you, there's really no harm. If it does, try some beeswax on the tenon.

Zanaspus":l3ran8fu said:
Cobs tend to do this frequently. If it doesn't bother you, there's really no harm. If it does, try some beeswax on the tenon.

Uh, I've never had a problem with any of my cobs. This is a briar. But anyway, I'll check with my bees! :p

Corncobcon":lt8ptmjg said:
I have an inexpensive Molina pot that has moisture coming out from between the stummel and stem.   I am smoking good old CH, so there really isn't any excessive moisture from the tobacco.  The pipe has been smoking great until now.  What gives?

Well crap, I put this in the wrong place. :confused:

Moved it for you Con.

Cheers,

RR

oftenly that happens because there is a crack on the shank. sometimes a repair with a band solve the problem.
Check the price for the repair and the price of your used pipe to see if it is worth to take the chance. Not always it is worth unless it is a special pipe for you.  good luck.

Typical Molina pipes go for $30 - $80 or thereabouts.  I’ve seen quotes for adding a band on a typical stem at $20 - $30.

If I had a $30 Molina I’d think twice about putting a $30 band on it.

I’d sure go for the beeswax thing first.