My right leg hurts today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
That's about it.........

Yah, the one I chopped at. Not a great day.........

I'm going with a mix of honey, Tarragon and basil to try to tighten things up.

My word............. hard to concentrate............. Maybe an aspirin or two as well....

Hey, it's the round table, right? This is what's on my mind.............

Sorry,

(sigh)

Honey, Tarragon and basil ???????
Are you gona have it for supper or trying to relieve the pain, I'm confused.
Ya know if ya just smack the other with a hammer, you'll forget all about the pain in the other.

Just being sarcastic OW, I know chopping your leg must really be painful and if it's a bad gash I think ya might want to go somewhere to get a tetanus shot and maybe a few stitches even.
I've had gang green and blood poisoning before, no fun sir, no fun. ;)

Ya, what Ron said about the tetanus shot and stuff. Last thing you want is for it to become infected. I'd get it looked at right away if it were me.

Cheers,

RR

Wiz......What the heck did you do? You know if it needs stitches and you're set on not going to the Dr you want to use horse hair to sew it up yourself. Just be sure to clean it really well with high proof before you use it. The one I did that way barely scarred at all.

Jim

Jeez! Someone else who is a compulsive self-medicator! But I have Nurse Bossy, aka my Darlin' Dotter, to advise me. Here's what she'd say in this circumstance -- "What are you waiting for? Gangrene and maggots to set in? Go to the ER! Why are you still sitting there? Move!"

I don't advocate getting injured to anyone. It always does hold some value when a part of the body is out of commission for a bit in learning how much you really use it when you can't though. Caught my index finger in surface planer earlier this year ... I will spare you the pics,lol. Glad I finally gave in to the wife, and went to the vet the next day though. If your leg is bad enough, they may give you antibiotics to prevent a blood infection, you do not want one. Hope you mend quickly.

I had gone in today and had the doc check me out. Other than the parts the Super glue stuck, he thought one spot should have had a stitch, but the wounds were more like small pieces missing rather than cuts. He said I did a great job, and though I was up one my tetanus shot, he gave me another for GPs. HOWEVER, the poking, prodding, and squeezing he did during the exam(torture session) still aches.

Cart, the concoction I talked about is for a tea that not only helps retard inflammation and promotes antibacterial growth, but also can induce a nice mellow euphoric feeling, which in turn helps relax musculature, which in turn keeps me from tensing my leg as it pulses, and (ideally) improves regeneration.

I keep wondering though, if I should have accepted the 'script. Not only would it help with dulling the attention my leg is demanding, but a firmer stool couldn't hurt either....

(smirk)

Good. You had it checked out. I lost a friend who was too busy at work to get a banged leg (from his car door of all things...) checked out. Blood clot broke loose. The end.

It's been 20 years. My wife and I still miss talking with him.

huffelpuff":gi75z0hj said:
Wiz......What the heck did you do? You know if it needs stitches and you're set on not going to the Dr you want to use horse hair to sew it up yourself. Just be sure to clean it really well with high proof before you use it. The one I did that way barely scarred at all.

Jim
I bounced a running chainsaw off my right thigh Saturday. Fortunately, not at full speed!

Nurse Bossy's standard advice -- Always accept the script. ERs are filled with people who are in pain, but aren't sick / injured enough to move up the triage list, especially if ambulances are pulling in. If you have a toothache on a weekend, your dentist's office will be closed, but it isn't necessary to ride it out on aspirin and ice packs if you have a decent pain killer in your medicine cabinet. Glad you got help.

Holy crap Wiz! I'm glad you escaped with only the injuries you got. Chainsaws are no joke. Ran a 26" for a season about 18 years ago won't do it again either. Hopefully you heal quickly and things get back to......I was gonna say normal but .......well normal for a Wiz.

Ozark Wizard":flztgnvr said:
I had gone in today and had the doc check me out. Other than the parts the Super glue stuck, he thought one spot should have had a stitch, but the wounds were more like small pieces missing rather than cuts. He said I did a great job, and though I was up one my tetanus shot, he gave me another for GPs. HOWEVER, the poking, prodding, and squeezing he did during the exam(torture session) still aches.

Cart, the concoction I talked about is for a tea that not only helps retard inflammation and promotes antibacterial growth, but also can induce a nice mellow euphoric feeling, which in turn helps relax musculature, which in turn keeps me from tensing my leg as it pulses, and (ideally) improves regeneration.

I keep wondering though, if I should have accepted the 'script. Not only would it help with dulling the attention my leg is demanding, but a firmer stool couldn't hurt either....

(smirk)
Glad to hear you did seek help and that you'll be okay. I'll have to agree, it's always wise to have a few pain meds around, ya never know what lies in your future. ;)

Wiz, worrying reading but glad you've sought professional advice too. Hope you mend quickly as I know you're an active fella.

Ref honey, it's a good anti bacterial agent applied direct to the wound too.

Stick":a3jp8giz said:
Wiz, worrying reading but glad you've sought professional advice too. Hope you mend quickly as I know you're an active fella.

Ref honey, it's a good anti bacterial agent applied direct to the wound too.
I have a mix of honey and fresh picked aloe vera I'm using on the area. It'll be right as rain in a while. Thanks everyone for their sentiments!

AS Dow Chemical used to say in their ads : "Better living through Chemistry" :twisted: Glad to see you've gottem medical help and enjoy that better living aspect of the drugs :twisted: :twisted:

Glad you got the docs opinion and a tetanus shot mate, keep it elevated as much as possible and I pray that your leg heals quickly. That aloe vera is good stuff too when applied regularly.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery Wiz.

Tim

Wow! I saw the pic in the IPSD thread, glad you're okay! I hope you have a speedy recovery!