My simple pipe collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDreams

Reaction score
Nothing particularly fancy: the most expensive pipe I own is the small calabash meer (around $100).

5715CIMG7499.JPG

2883CIMG7500.JPG

Those are both good looking meers but all of your pipes look good. Thanks for posting the pic. I needed to see some nice pipes today.
Looks like maybe two more meers in the top pic? I like those with the long stems too. Nice.

Thanks! The two lighter-colored pipes in the first pic are pear wood Dr Brog's from the Ukraine. They're great smokers for the money, but I like my Italian pipes best of all! I got the Barontini (top right) brand new for a great price, and it is a great smoker!

I took a break from pipe smoking for several months (and only really got started last year). I have to say the Barontini is an exceptional smoker. I haven't tried the rusticated Comoy yet! The pipe on the bottom right is a cigar pipe used by the Igorot (a tribe in the Northern Philippines).

Nice group of pipes!
If I recall, you acquired some of these in a short amount of time...
Also, great lighting in your pictures!

Hi Harlock and idbowman!

Yep, I bought almost all of them in one three week period! Serious PAD and TAD altogether! I'm now taking the time to enjoy my purchases a little. :) Took the Duca Carlo down to the banyan tree and smoked some of Milan's 401 Burley Mixture:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=4&TID=2922

It seems my tastes have changed a little. I seem to be enjoying the VAs and Burleys more than I was before, although I do like the English blends. I realize I was puffing way too hard and fast in the past, but I'm getting the hang of it for sure now. I'm still on the fence about using the Savinelli balsa filters though.

As for the lighting: thanks, I only use natural sunlight for my pictures. Wish I had more space on the mat to photograph them. I should have split them up into groups.

The bull in the top left is a beaut! It's an older English estate pipe I picked up on the 'bay: a Milioto's Trophy III. It's definitely one of my favorites!

Thank you gentlemen! I do love 'em! There's a Dunhill store in town with a great selection of pipes: maybe I'll pick one up later this year ;)

PipeLeisure":fv9iohzr said:
Very nice collection, I like the top pipe center row.
Thanks Derek! That's an older pipe simply marked Ft Wayne. I got it in great shape and it's a nice, solid little pipe: thick bowl and shank. Definitely one of my favorites!

Tried this little Mr Brog (pear wood) without the filter today--it was perhaps the best smoke I've had yet! It was Old Limey Bastard, by far my favorite blend. It was easy to get a good amount of smoke without the filter in and it was an extremely comfortable smoke. I'm going to try all my filter pipes without the filters in now!

4922CIMG7536.JPG

Thanks ejames, I try! I am careful not to char the rims and I clean them thoroughly ASAP after use. That's really pretty much it!

Just used the little Maltese pipe: had me a bowl of Milan's Cavendish 205. Very pleasant smoke. I must be getting the hang of pipe smoking. It was a very cool, comfortable smoke!

Aleksis":sx139bhf said:
Lovely collection!
Thank you Aleksis! Welcome to Brothers of Briar! Being on BoB makes me want to PAD my collection :shock: This is a dangerous place! :twisted:

2296CIMG7879.JPG

8809CIMG7881.JPG

I wasn't kidding about the danger: two new additions. A Mario Grandi freehand ($125) and a Molina I picked up on eBay for $24.99 shipped. I had to ream out the bowl with a Kleen-Reem because it was full of purple stain. The reamer did fast work on the briar when it was wet! Still some dye in there: going to keep trying to get it out.