My Small Storage - excel file

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nicely done, I too use Excel for all my cellar tracking needs (although it would seem the MS Access would certainly provide one with a more powerful database).

Here is an example of my spreadsheet:

It also makes it easier to print. I have a copy along with pages of the descriptions. I've stopped storing aromatics as what I have now will be more than fine for many years.

Very nice im not computer savy I have a hard time turning mine on. It would be nice not to have to worry about the chance of tobacco cellar going down. Wish I could do it nice job.

Steve

Nate, use the link "download your cellar". It will save as a CSV file which you can open and save as an excel spreadsheet.

Thanks very much I do save a copy. I like how you can seperate by blend type good feature someday I will have to learn xcel or another program.

Steve

I was keeping an excel file for my cellar then switched to the iPhone app "pipe tool" it's great for keeping up with your stock and handy to have with you when in the store shopping!

I kinda do the same but my downfall is I am to lazy to update it from time to time......... it causes me a headache when I do get off my ass to update it!

To resurrect the topic, after reading Traderbob's mention if the iPhone app "Pipe Tool", I decided to download a copy and try it. I have to say that I like it. It didn't have McClelland Christmas Cheer 2010 or the Pebblecut re-release but I was able to add those titles to the database. It is easy to use and finally got me to inventory my cellar.

According to the database, I have 13.2 lbs of tobacco representing 55 blends in 94 tins. That should be good for 2113 bowls assuming 10 bowls/oz or a pipe a day for 5 years, 9 months!

I thought I had more.... :-(

Doug