My Week - check out this crazy pic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
https://servimg.com/view/16065380/5

This branch impaled my house two nights ago. It's fixed now, but the branch actually punched through the ply-wood below the shingles. On top of this little pleasant surprise, my dishwasher took a dump on Monday and the motherboard on it burned out. I bought a replacement and the same buddy who fixed my roof, is going to help me install the new motherboard. It looks like it's plug-and-play like PC boards, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

But here's a heads up to anyone who uses Sears Appliance repair. They came by about the year ago (the dishwasher is only two years old). The repair guy he came out said the fuse blew on the board. He replaced the fuse free of charge. So we thought "Great"!

Come to find out from the repair guy from a different company (who wanted to charge $300 to fix it) that when the fuse blows, it's a sign of the mobo being bad to begin with. He said that they should have replaced the mobo to begin with and not just the fuse. He also told me that he used to work for Sears and they always cut corners like this to make extra money. I wouldn't be surprises if other companies do the same thing, but I thought I'd give you a heads up. My dishwasher is a Whirlpool and had a pretty good rating from Consumer Reports when I bought it. But if looked again at the CP Reports and no dishwasher has what I would call a great rating.

Okay, enough of my rant!

Gads.. Good thing it was not bigger.. No one hurt that is a plus.. Hope you get the repairs done right on the roof. You will find out come first rain..

Yeah thank god it didn't go through the ceiling. It made a very scary sound. I thought it someone fired a shotgun. I was really surprised it went through the plywood below the shingles.

My buddy fixed it last night in less than an hour, along with other wind damage to the roof. We're supposed to get a bad storm tonight, so I'm dreading it. We have a forest behind the house, and about 8 large white oaks in the front yard. Each of them at least 40 feet tall.