My wife's find

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyed001

Reaction score
My wife was at work and she found these there.There are a few Savinellis,Medicos,Grabows and Kaywoodies.I think I'm going to repair and refinish the case and possibly the pipes too.

That's a pretty neat find. Well worth restoring. Is that a "glass" door? Likely it was a display case at a B&M at one time.

Yes it's a glass door.The top part of the door is really loose and I'm going to have to find a way to reconnect it without actually taking it apart.Maybe some woodworking glue and a couple of those long,skinny trim screws,the kind they use to attach moulding to a wall when they use metal studs for a wall's framing, will work.
The pipes and rack were not taken care of at all.Guess I have my work cut out for me.

That's a very nice find indeed. I'm certain that the case isn't from a retail shop though. These were sold along with others which had an etched image of Sherlock Holmes in the 1980's at various discount stores. They come up on e-bay from time to time. It may be worth your while to have those pipes professionally cleaned.

I'd highly recommend George at Precision Pipe Rejuvenation & Repair! :cheers:

Looks like some nice old Wellingtons in the lot as well! A very nice find for your wife to come home with! :D

you don't see that kaywoodie churchwarden alot to and the collection and case are full of win in that category of find.