Nørding montage...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Well, the large Nørding freehand sitter bulldog I scored on eBay came in! Pretty sure it's an older model. No idea how to date Erik's work, but meh.

It took FOREVER to get the stem cleaned up, ugh, I may not ever get estate freehand pipes again just because of the stem! All the angles, the curves... sheesh! The outer bowl isn't totally perfect after I got done really polishing it and cleaning it up (97% is good enough)--and whatever was smoked in it before has a heavy old-lady purfume reek in it...the ghosts of owners past. Plus, it's a filter stem--oops. Well, not a big deal, it smokes okay without it. Draws perfect. :)

Anyway, here's how it turned out:

6393149797_fce1851dae_b.jpg

6393149901_5cd4f09cc3_b.jpg

...and... as a bonus... my montage of all Nørdings I've picked up...kind of a Danish kaleidoscope of colors:

6393149985_046dc63ecc_b.jpg

The newest one looks MASSIVE just because I have it propped up, it's still smaller than the Monster in the upper right... the bowl in it, though, is the most spacious of any pipe I have. Gotta make time to smoke that one!

Thanks for checkin' 'em out. 8)

Beautiful pipe I have many nording pipes I love them all and all are great smokers good score you got there congrats.
Best Regards
Richard

They make a nice looking set!
I can see a theme emerging, and I like a good theme.

Very nice. I don't own any Nordings, but it looks like I'm going to have to get one now. Thanks a lot!

Great looking threesome you got there Kyle. Although I have never owned any Nordings myself.

Thanks, all!

I feel Nording is a really under-appreciated pipe by many these days. Evidently once revered, it seems Erik's work has been pushed aside and scoffed at by serious pipe snobs. I find that curious. Talking to other pipe smokers, or some who see me with a Nording, they almost treat me as if I have a filtered Grabow or something. :lol:

That just means more affordable beauties for those of us who like 'em. It ain't that hard to see the quality put into them and the excellent grain.

I just seen your Nordings Kyle, Very very nice and I think you did a good job cleaning them up. That's half the fun for me. Getting some old pipe for a few dollars in ungodly condition and bringing it back to almost new. I like all my pipes to shine like new and I'm very anal about there up keep and appearance. I have more then I'll ever be able to smoke but, that's okay because I love just collecting them too.

Very nice Kyle, I also have a Freehand made from Eric and its a great pipe. You did a really nice job with the restoration work.

The thing about Nording's, is that he makes a lot of different grades, but that shouldn't mean that his high grades are anything other than. I have 3 Nording's, and they are all great smokers! :santa: