Name Your "Social Mixture."

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idbowman":i8hopgfw said:
Kyle Weiss":i8hopgfw said:
So, to recap schools of thought:
Runners up, the Lane 1Q mixes. That'll take some experimentation, as I've never had any.
If you've ever had a house blend cavendish that was mild and vanilla-ey, then you've probably had 1Q or something awfully similar. Think Captain Black but less goopy, less chemicall-y, and a bit more tolerable to a non aro-inclined palette.
10-4 that, thank you. I'll have to snag a bit for "mixing" it sounds like. 8)

Kyle, I have actually had quiet a few complements on the smell of Marlin Flake when I have smoked it in social situations.

Also, I find if I smoke any tobacco slowly enough I can get away with it. I figure the slow release of smoke into the area keeps the intensity down for everyone else. I have smoked SG Navy Flake (quiet a lot of Latakia and one of my favourites) like this a fair bit and yeah, if i keep the puffs slow and small then I can get it under the radar..

Most of the time pipe smoke seems like a welcome change to a world full of stinky cigarette smoke.

Derg":0tqon1oq said:
Kyle, I have actually had quiet a few complements on the smell of Marlin Flake when I have smoked it in social situations.

Also, I find if I smoke any tobacco slowly enough I can get away with it. I figure the slow release of smoke into the area keeps the intensity down for everyone else. I have smoked SG Navy Flake (quiet a lot of Latakia and one of my favourites) like this a fair bit and yeah, if i keep the puffs slow and small then I can get it under the radar..

Most of the time pipe smoke seems like a welcome change to a world full of stinky cigarette smoke.
Likely true--except the first train-like clouds that inevitably come about from "priming," that is. :lol: Truthfully, if cigarette smokers are around, I hold off on the pipe. Not one for the "Let's Go Outside And Make Ciggy Circle," or the pace, banter and style of sit-down that goes with it. The backyard barbecue scene were it's kind of a lingering all-are-welcome kind of setting, though, no sweat. 8)

I'm a slow smoker by nature, so no problem there. Good observation.

Derg":7br3eiuf said:
Kyle, I know you dig Marlin Flake (not too much perique ;) ) and although I think any good VA has a pleasant aroma, I've been smoking a lot of Marlin this past week and I've received many compliments. 8)

s.ireland":zzg822sd said:
Derg":zzg822sd said:
Kyle, I know you dig Marlin Flake (not too much perique ;) ) and although I think any good VA has a pleasant aroma, I've been smoking a lot of Marlin this past week and I've received many compliments. 8)
Nice. That'll also be an easy one to try out on people, I happen to have some. 8)

I tend to go for CBG. People seem to like that coco aroma. At least that's what the majority of people tell me they like about it. Altadis Blue Note is another fav aro for me. I don't really care for most aros. Now and then my sweet tooth kicks into gear so I need to keep something on hand.

I was just thinking of how I miss Winslow's presence here, so I feel obligated to quote his advice on this matter: "Iwan Ries Three Star Blue will make women want to have your babies."

I don't know if it's true, but a fine man lived by that motto.

(Me, I like PA for social occasions.)

Rob_In_MO":g4vi3odi said:
McClelland's 20XX Holiday Spirit or Tastemaster Premium Aromatic.

If these aren't available on onhand, CBW or CBR always do well in a crowd.
No chocolate for me, don't like sweet, weak aros. (OP) 8)

Doc Manhattan":lc8k98tt said:
I was just thinking of how I miss Winslow's presence here, so I feel obligated to quote his advice on this matter: "Iwan Ries Three Star Blue will make women want to have your babies."

I don't know if it's true, but a fine man lived by that motto.

(Me, I like PA for social occasions.)
I think the guys at IRC need to hear that one.... Next time i stop in, I will pass it along. I tried a pipeful and found it to be a very mild smoke. Its listed as an aromatic, but it seems to be a very light casing.