Near t tDetroit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absent

Reaction score
I've been interested in pipes and tobacco for fifteen years, but have not been active in the hobby the entire time. I've lately 'rediscovered' my pipes and with pleasure. I've spent the last month cleaning and polishing and otherwise holding them and trying not to say "preciousssss" too often. I'm told it creeps people out. I've been trying some new tobaccos and I have some samples from Boswell's on the way. I'm also waiting on a few ebay parcels to arrive. PAD and TAD are kicking in. My next goal is to get some bale jars to keep my tobacco happy and some pipe furniture to do the same for them.

Other interests include dogs, reading, camping and music in almost any form. I like to cook as well, but find my resistance to authority makes its presence known in the kitchen - I never use recipes - it's nearly a physical aversion. I may start out intending to use it, but inevitably I either get rid of the recipe completely or change it considerably. I consider recipes more like friendly suggestions. Needless to say, I'm not very good at baking, though I'm getting better as I come to better understand it.

I hope to get to know everyone here better as well - :)

Welcome to the forum. Awesome dog by the way, mine looks just like yours only in black!

Thanks for the welcome!

I play (not particularly well) Harmonica, Guitar, Saxophone, Bass Guitar. And by not particularly well I mean think 'garage band' or 'jug band'. :D Still, it's fun. Unfortunately I've lost touch with those I used to play with, and playing with others is part of the fun.

That dog is Bus Stop - She's an American Bulldog and usually a pretty good dog.

Howdy and welcome aboard!

I agree with your view of recipes... I rarely, if ever follow one, and NEVER measure anything out. But I come from a professional background; perhaps you do as well? I always kind of laugh to myself when I see friends/family cooking, never straying from the recipe, and measuring everything out, especially spices. That said, baking is very precise, and measuring is critical. Baking is a science, but cooking is an art!

Thanks again for the warm welcome - it's nice to see such a friendly community!