Nearby Tobacco Shops?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob the coldblooded

Reaction score
I live in New Hampshire, are there any good shops around me?

i know of Federal Cigar and Top Shelf but that's all, they sell pipe's and tobacco but a VERY small selection. I have no problems buying online but i really like having something new to do on the weekends!

I'm willing to drive quite a ways, make it like a little road trip would be pretty fun.

I live in Central Mass, so I don't know how helpful these will be for you, but here goes.

There's Tobacco Haven in Brookline, NH. They have pipes and tins from Peterson as well as OTC tobaccos. In Fitchburg, MA, Rebel Smoker is a little mom 'n' pop run by a very friendly fellow. He keeps a rotation of OTC tobaccos, Dunhill, MacBaren, and Davidoff tins, MM cobs, some Brigham and Grabow pipes, and LOTR-style churchwardens. I try to buy something from him on a monthly basis. In Worcester, there's The Owl Shop, which stocks its own blends in bulk (I've only tried their Balkan mixture "Harkness Tower," and it's good, if a bit sweet for my taste) and various Dunhill and McClelland tins, as well as a decent selection of pipes. They encourage sampling if you bring your pipe(s) with you, so they might be worth a visit. Watch City Cigar Co is in Framingham, MA. I've not been, but the selection of tobaccos they list online looks impressive.

If you're ever near Boston, there are a number of pipe shops, including Peretti's--their blends get mentioned and reviewed in this forum--which is located near the Boston Common and the Boylston stop on the Green Line, if memory serves. Leavitt & Peirce is located in Harvard Square. There are a number of other smoke shops in the Boston area, but those are the two I see mentioned the most. Boston is also home to the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club, which meets monthly. According to their webpage (http://www.shpcboston.org/), they next meet on February 5.

I'll be honest and admit that I do most of my pipe shopping online, but I do make an effort to support the locals as I'm able.

Hope that helps!

Awesome! Thank you very much, i did my first online purchase last night. I usually go to shops to to keep me occupied!

My wife's family owns a home at Weirs Beach. A few years ago I went to a tobacco shop there in Laconia called Happy Jacks. They had pipe tobacco and pipes when I went but can't recall the selection they had. There's also several in Seabrook, NH.