need a little help

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
A friend of my wife's just got into pipe smoking. Her grandfather was a life long Piper and just recently passed away. She got into piping to remember him, and her grandma gave her 3 of his pipes and some supplies. I gave her this site as a reference, and hope she joins up.

I'm going to bomb her with some tobacco , but I'm having trouble finding a a certain tobacco that she mentioned. She said her grandpa's favorite tobacco was "Honey Cavendish "

I can't for the life of me find a Honey Cavendish of any kind. Anyone have an idea what she may be talking about?

beardedbassguy":vuys0r9t said:
A friend of my wife's just got into pipe smoking. Her grandfather was a life long Piper and just recently passed away.  She got into piping to remember him,  and her grandma gave her 3 of his pipes and some supplies. I gave her this site as a reference,  and hope she joins up.

I'm going to bomb her with some tobacco , but I'm having trouble finding a a certain tobacco that she mentioned. She said her grandpa's favorite tobacco was "Honey Cavendish "

I can't for the life of me find a Honey Cavendish of any kind.  Anyone have an idea what she may be talking about?
If he lived anywhere near an Edward's he might have smoked their Honey Cavendish that they sold years ago and I think is still available through their Ft. Collins, Co. store. My ex father-in-law smoked it as one of his regular blends he got from the Edward's store up on Preston Rd. in Dallas back in the early '70s. That's the only "Honey Cavandish" that I recall. Hope any of this helps. :twisted:

I haven't the foggiest about honey Cavendish but also hope she joins up. Good luck.

Hey Beard Brother,

Honey Cavendish is definitely the name of one of Edward's house blends; not an aro guy but a friend brought some to a meet and it came straight from the Edward's in Tampa. The Fort Collins store Monbla mentioned no longer carried the Edward's blends the last time I was up, having gone mostly over to cigars, but the one down in Denver definitely does (best B&M mortar in the state, easy).

Since Edward's are franchises I'm not sure all stores carry the same range of blends, but assuming the Denver store carries Honey Cavendish I'd be happy to pick some up for you and either mail it to you or the recipient, whatever's easiest. Was planning a run next weekend anyway, so can report back if they carry it then--PM me if this sounds good, though I may be offline most of next week prior to going down from the high country so it could take me a while to respond. Cheers, and good on you for taking the Case of the Honey Cavendish.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to direct her to this thread to see your suggestions. Thanks for the offer for the samples also, but I'm going to pass for now, mainly because I have already sent her a package :) you guys are awesome and a lot of help.