Need a stem replacement...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentbulldog

Reaction score
Heya All,

I have a straight pot pipe that needs to have a stem replaced, but with a fancy acrylic stem, preferably a translucent amber.

Can anyone provide a recommendation?

Many thanks,

Thanks Fellas,

I just hope he can actually fit me into his repair schedule without having to wait 3 months!

bentbulldog":1u3ux8bq said:
Thanks Fellas,

I just hope he can actually fit me into his repair schedule without having to wait 3 months!
I was actually going to say, just don't plan on smoking the pipe anytime soon. Mike is certainly a busy man, but his estimated turn around time was right on the money with both my pipes.

Always have been 110% satisfied with Mike Myers on both quality and price. Yes, there's a bit of a wait on your repair/refurb.

Ron, you and others have sung the praises of Floyd Norwood and they haven't fallen on deaf ears. I'll remember him next time I have an issue (hopefully it won't be anytime soon!)

Cheers,

RR

Mike at Walker did full restoration on a Castello I own & I was beyond satisfied. It was worth the wait.

Cart, thanks for the info on Norwood. Good to have an alternative.

All good recommendations above. But if it is an expensive pipe, the only one to use is Precision Pipe Repair. :)

I received word from Mike on the cost and turn around time.

While I'm sure he does good work, I can't wait till January to get this back. I don't mind a couple weeks, but months is just out of the question.

I will look into Floyd Norwood.

Cartaphilus":jkai97dk said:
Floyd Norwood, that's who Mike sends the hard stuff to and his turnaround time is like 3-4 days. Don't waste your time or money, he's cheaper and quicker and just as good if not better.

http://norwoodspiperepair.com/index.php/contact-us
Mr. Norwood is right on the money on turn around time. He fit 2 replacement acrylic stems and a meer repair in two days.

Wet Dottle":t1zrloxc said:
All good recommendations above. But if it is an expensive pipe, the only one to use is Precision Pipe Repair. :)
Is George still in the business? His website hasn't been updated since 2011. I sent him an email a year or so ago and never heard back.

Dave_In_Philly":byv1tig9 said:
Wet Dottle":byv1tig9 said:
Is George still in the business? His website hasn't been updated since 2011. I sent him an email a year or so ago and never heard back.
I haven't used his services in a while, either, but last I heard he was still at work. You may have to use the phone. Long backlog, though.