Need a strong hit!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipedJimmy

Reaction score
I've smoked a couple of bowls of 'St. James Flake' and I do like it, but I'm looking for something stronger, a va/per with a hell of a kick, anyone got any recommendations??

Yo Jimmy, Try The Following;
G&H's Curley Cut Deluxe
Reiner Long Golden Flake
Heinrich's Special Curlies
Solani #633
Beacon[PCCA], I havent tried the Mc version
G&H's LOuisiana flake That's it for now I'm sure there are plenty more, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

Cornell & Diehl Night Train. I was on the same quest you describe and found it on Tobacco Reviews.com. It got high ratings and was said to have a kick. IT DOES. It is a good full smoke. Having gone through cigarettes to cigars and on to pipes I was looking for more of that kick. I found it in Night Train. At times I find the kick too strong. I don't smoke it anymore unless I have eaten a good meal recently and am already feeling pretty good. It is a very pleasant smoke but has such a kick that I have found myself not feeling well after a bowl if I am not careful. I don't go to it real often but when I do it always delivers.

PipedJimmy":3l91e230 said:
I've smoked a couple of bowls of 'St. James Flake' and I do like it, but I'm looking for something stronger, a va/per with a hell of a kick, anyone got any recommendations??
When it comes to nicotine always remember that a little is great but a lot is deadly.

Nicotine is a deadly alkaloid toxin that can kill so be careful how much strong nicotine you ingest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

Buck":v3aqm9i7 said:
Nicotine is a deadly alkaloid toxin that can kill so be careful how much strong nicotine you ingest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine
From that same article: "It is impossible however to overdose on nicotine through smoking alone (though a person can overdose on nicotine through a combination of nicotine patches, nicotine gum, and/or tobacco smoking at the same time.)"

So if you're planning on smoking a Group 6 full of Five Bros., on an empty stomach, with a nicotine patch on your arm, whilst picking tobacco without gloves, then yes, make sure your affairs are in order.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy your pipe and don't think too much about science (unless thinking about science makes you happy... worked for Einstein.)

Hey thanks for the recommendations. Long Golden Flake has been at the back of my mind for a while now and Night Train sounds like a damn good bet.

C&D 417P: Night Train is good but I find their 967: Exclusive stronger in flavor and nicotine delivery.

Does 5 Bros smoke well in a pipe? I have a pouch of it, but I've only ever rolled it...not smoked it in a pipe. Seems to me like it's cigarette tobacco. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Tobacco Reviews has 5 Bros. listed as a pipe weed--one that packs a wallop--but I think it's one of those old-school smoking tobaccos that's flexible.

FB is listed as a smoking tobacco but with the new taxes, it is now listed as a pipe tobacco. While some RYO it, it is like PA, pipe tobacco that some roll. it smokes very good in a pipe. I smoke it a lot and if you want a "N" hit, it will give you one. But it also tastes good and is an excellent mixer.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for is a Nic-hit rather a very strong tasting tobacco (though these may be one and the same), the sort of thing you'd picture pirates smoking before throwing up overboard lol yeah that'd do it

OK, If you want a mouth burst of flavor that is not an aromatic, try C and D DaVinci. It is super strong yet does not bite and is delicious.

PipedJimmy":04ya08w1 said:
John Patton has something new called "Cool Hand Fluke" - great taste and a good hit - a good amount of perique as well.

Night Train - C and D

5 Brothers is a good "addition" I would say to a blend that needs a bit of belting.

PipedJimmy":m18hreud said:
I'm not sure what I'm looking for is a Nic-hit rather a very strong tasting tobacco (though these may be one and the same), the sort of thing you'd picture pirates smoking before throwing up overboard lol yeah that'd do it
So, "a very strong tasting tobacco...you'd picture pirates smoking before throwing up overboard"?

That sounds alot like GH Black Irish Twist!

Now that's an excellent tobacco with a lot of flavor and it for sure has a hit!