need groomsmen gift ideas?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
and no, they don't smoke a pipe, or else i'd just make them one. i only have two, and they are very close friends. the ideas i have so far are either a nice knife or maybe a small set of snap on wrenches if i can find a place to etch them. i kind of want to give them something personal, that they'd have for the rest of their lives. what gifts have you given or gotten that turned out well?

My Groomsmen had the choice of a Cold Steel knife or a Charles-Hubert pocket watch. Both pretty high quality items for the price I was willing to pay.

A silver flask with their names engraved makes a nice gift. Not so expensive but nice. It's what I gave the guys in my wedding over 40 years ago and they all still have it.

AJ

Not so sure if they're out dated these days but an engraved Gold ID bracelet is a nice keepsake.

I bought all of my groomsmen high quality wrist watches (all different to fit each guy's style and preferences).

And this is why sometimes it just stinks being a woman. I like all these gift ideas. When you are a bridesmaid you get to wear an awful dress and you get jewelry that most likely doesn't fit your tastes. I'd much rather have a hip flask with my name engraved on it. ;)

Ocelot55":1gsnwe29 said:
My Groomsmen had the choice of a Cold Steel knife or a Charles-Hubert pocket watch. Both pretty high quality items for the price I was willing to pay.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. A nice maybe "Case" pocket knife or a good pocket or wrist watch, which ever they like.
Well, almost exactly.

I feel either of these items they will carry on a daily basis and will become maybe a cherished piece in time.

I was on a budget. I gave them a Tool Logic "Survival Credit Card" set and engraved flasks.

I gave my groomsmen nice pocket knives with their initials engraved on a sideplate. This was in 1982, so I can't remember where I found them, but these were nice knives you could pull out of a suit pocket at the office. My standard in picking something was that it had to be a present I would have been happy to get if I had been a groomsman.

In retrospect, I wish I had gotten myself one too.

I gave my groomsmen engraved Handcuffs. Found some steel cuffs online (key lock, no kiddie release) and had a local jewler engrave them. 15 bucks each or so for the engraving, the cuffs were only 4 bucks apiece. The guys loved them (we took bets on who would end up cuffed to something by the end of the reception, and who would have to call one of us to be unlocked from a bedframe in the future) Great gift, personalized, fun. mine are around the neck of a bottle of Bourbon in my bar

Boswells does have a laser engraver now and can do pipe bowls, etc. He was doing Gettysburg 150 year commemorative pipes last week, for re-enactors, when I was there.

Best groomsman gift I ever got was a set of cufflinks... groom was lke a brother to all of us, so he was able to track down links that were uniquely "us". (I got little tiki heads, my pal who was a park ranger got compasses, etc.)

The wallet I carry to this day was also a groomsman gift, came with a two-dollar-bill in honor of the two-becoming-one occasion.

About thirty years ago I received an engraved (with my initials) Cross pen from my cousin. I still use that pen today.