Need help from the dads out there

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I had a good laugh the other night after a particularly rough day for Mike. An hour before he was ballistic- throwing, kicking, screaming, you name it. "Nooooo, NO QUIEEEEROOOOOO!!!!" - just wasn´t going to eat his dinner. Period.

Then when the rage finally wore him out, he wound down and peacefully fell asleep. Just lying there with that innocent look on his face like nothing ever happened.

It´s hard to believe the same creature is capable of such rage, hahaha.

Yes, that´s HIM in my avatar... :roll:

MisterE":3g2qo95t said:
My wife and I had a good laugh the other night after a particularly rough day for Mike. An hour before he was ballistic- throwing, kicking, screaming, you name it. "Nooooo, NO QUIEEEEROOOOOO!!!!" - just wasn´t going to eat his dinner. Period.

Then when the rage finally wore him out, he wound down and peacefully fell asleep. Just lying there with that innocent look on his face like nothing ever happened.

It´s hard to believe the same creature is capable of such rage, hahaha.

Yes, that´s HIM in my avatar... :roll:
My son says "No, I don't no want!!!"

I have grandchilren now...oh how sweet is the taste of revenge.
Three of my granddaughters came to visit us recently...the two year old was awakened by my grown children laughing and visiting. I had also retired for the night.
I got up and got dressed and carried all three of the grand kids to the store for ice cream and snacks, at 02:30, we had a blast...came home and gave them back to their mom 8)
Life is good.

My wife and i used the Ferber method with our son when he was about 6 or 7 months. Basically, you start out with the same rituals and bed time every night. After the child is in bed, you leave him alone for increasingly longer intervals, returning for increasingly shorter time periods to only comfort and reassure him that you're still around if he needs you- never actually picking him up, until he is asleep.

The first few nights were horrible. My son was screaming was so horribly, that my wife actually had to go and sit in the basement so she couldn't hear him scream. I was really wondering if he was possessed or something! After about the third night, he gradually got better, and fell asleep easier until there was no fuss at all after about a week.

If you're willing to put up with a few nights of hell, it's worth it in the long run. There is a book written on this by Dr. Ferber and I'm sure many resources on the net if you Google it.

Good luck :D

Natch":j7t6xyet said:
Watch The Dog Whisperer on TV. Cesar's advice worked wonders on my teenage daughter, I'm sure they'd work on your son? :lol:

Seriously, this can be a problem. No advice, as our daughter slept well from week one.

Natch
You joke but what he teaches to the pet owners is great stuff that totally applies to raising kids!! I love that guy...