Need help with tobacco storage

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eleknar

Reaction score
I recently purchased some Ball mason jars for the purpose of storing tobacco. This is the first time I've ever done this and I want to make sure I don't screw up. What EXACTLY should I do in order to properly store my tobacco? Should I empty tins into the jars or just leave the tins sealed? Should I store aromatics or just non-aromatics? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unless there's rust or something of that nature on the tin (check occasionally to be safe), keep it in the sealed tin. If you open a tin, then place the contents in a jar. You can store either aro's or non, but aro's don't tend to need any aging, and some suffer from aging.

For info on how to seal a jar, I would recommend watching mahkmahkmark's video on it on youtube (I like videos for things like this because it's a lot easier to see it done "in person").

Best Wishes!

I would recommend doing a search for 'mason jars' on this board. This matter has been discussed numerous times, and a search will turn up tons of great advice. Enjoy!

Kapnismologist":i6sgpwsj said:
I would recommend doing a search for 'mason jars' on this board. This matter has been discussed numerous times, and a search will turn up tons of great advice. Enjoy!
Ah yes, sorry about that.

Eleknar":dc1tt301 said:
Kapnismologist":dc1tt301 said:
Ah yes, sorry about that.
No need to apologize my man! Just trying to be helpful. Since there are some very, very knowledgeable folks on this board who have posted great advice previously (and I am not one of them) and may not get around to responding to your question, it is always worth doing a search for previous threads in which various topics have been discussed. I use the search feature all the time to find various gems of pipely wisdom; and there are a lot of them buried herein!

I am sure some folks will continue to weigh in here as well. Cheers, and welcome to the board.

Kap has said it all so I have nothing to add just yet. feel Feel to ask though after you have seen the other threads... thats how we all learn!!