Need info on two old bowls

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Joe

Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me these two bowls a while back. The big bowl has no id on it and I can only make out the letters blu on top of a clover leaf and bak under the clover leaf stamped on the shank of the bowl with the gold trim. It had a screw-type stem. I've never seen these types of bowls before and was wondering if you folks have.
Also, where can I get stems for the bowls?

I have an old Kaywoodie that looks just like the one on the bottom. It is a great looking pipe, but the walls are so thin it tends to get a little too "hot in the hands" for my taste.

dt753":svv0irhq said:
I have an old Kaywoodie that looks just like the one on the bottom. It is a great looking pipe, but the walls are so thin it tends to get a little too "hot in the hands" for my taste.
I was going to guess Kaywoodie, too... they use a clover-leaf device. The gold ornaments on the top bowl might well be after-market.

The gold filigree on the first/top bowl dates it to the "early" 1900's. That motif was popular then. I have Kaywoodies and WDC's that look similar to it. Don't know if the KB&B folks (pre-Kaywoodie) were using the clover leaf that early or not. The second bowl...I have no idea!!

As far as stems go, there are several fine gentlemen who frequent this board that could take care of that problem for you. Check them out under the "Links" section on the home page. FTRPLT