Need some help with some aromatic tobacco to order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Reaction score
If you have been smoking a year or more, what has been your favorite aromatic tobacco? I prefer aro's and English mostly, some vapors but usually just smoke escudo when I want that.

Best Aro, or your go to?

Best cherry or berry type blend? (I really like devils holiday)

Best chocolate?

Also, is anniversary Cake a aro? I love cake, so this sounds good lol. Thanks for any help guys.

Hi Mitch,

Take a look at McB's 7 Seas Regular. Delicious chocolate smell as you open the packet, and a great room note. It isn't packed with taste but for me is a satisfying smoke. My current 'go to'.

Regards,

Stick.

Huh kinda nervous to try MacBaren, only thing I got from that ever was a burnt tongue!

While I enjoy lots of different aromatics, I can't really list a single favorite.  If I were to list a "go-to", it'd probably be between Uhle's Christmas Blend 2011 (so good they made it available year-round), Trout Stream, Lane LL-7.
I haven't tried a cherry or berry baccy since Middleton's Cherry Blend a very very long time ago.
As to a chocolate blend, Uhle's Hunt Club or Milan Tobacconists Wall Street

Big g, uhles is from Milwaukee correct? Have you tried Boswells? I've heard great reviews on that

Boswell's Berry Cobbler is my favorite berry aromatic. My favorite aromatic overall is a two way tie between 4noggins 3 Blind Moose and Butternut Burley.

My go to aro is Nordings huter series labrador.
My favorite.

Not a big aromatic fan, but when I feel like one Boswell's makes some good ones. Very good burning tobacco with very little bite. Plus they are very friendly to deal with over the phone.

Petersons Nutty Cut (now sold as Rattray's London Eye in Europe) is really interesting with the addition of Macadamia Nut.

Adam

Stick":zxgu18ti said:
Hi Mitch,

Take a look at McB's 7 Seas Regular.  Delicious chocolate smell as you open the packet, and a great room note.  It isn't packed with taste but for me is a satisfying smoke.  My current 'go to'.

Regards,

Stick.
Yes !!  :cheers: 

Mitch":5z1zzupj said:
Huh kinda nervous to try MacBaren, only thing I got from that ever was a burnt tongue!
Same here but........Seven Seas is cool like water from the ocean, no bite

My go-to aromatic is W.Ø. Larsen Signature. The Internet cannot agree on the flavorings; I get strawberry, caramel, and some kind of liqueur. Delicious and still tastes like tobacco.

If you count Lakeland scented flakes as aromatics, then GH Ennerdale and Rum Flake are also staples for me.

I'd be happy to send some samples of these your way; just PM me.

Mitch":p16t5yhd said:
Big g, uhles is from Milwaukee correct?  Have you tried Boswells?  I've heard great reviews on that
Yes, Uhle's is in Milwaukee.  Their pipe tobaccos are also sold in parts of Wisconsin at http://www.bookworldstores.com/tobacco.php (no affiliation with either company)

Yes, I have tried a few of the Boswell tobaccos and they are also terrific.  Christmas Cookie, No Bite DeLite, and Rum River are really tasty aromatics.

Mitch":shdg1s5i said:
No problem here Mitch. Just air dry the tobacco for approx 30 mins or so before packing and sup it slowly...!

I'm a fan of Boswell's Christmas Cookie and Just For Him's Shortcut to Mushrooms, though the latter is much less aromatic than the former.