Need some help with some aromatic tobacco to order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just ordered 8 different blends of boswell and I'm excited to smoke it

Christmas cookie
Berry cobbler
Bear something lol
No bite delight
Rum
Chocolate cream

English
Country side
I have heard tons of rants and raves about Lakeland so I had to try that too.

I think in a bit I will give some uhles a shot. I'm from Milwaukee

@fsu92john. I appreciate the offer, I'm heading to Colorado for 10 days and will come home to my boswell stuff. No worries on a sample but i do love that part of the pipe community how everyone is so helpful thanks

My favorite aros are:

McClelland Holiday Spirit (favorite aro: chocolate, rum, pecans)
McClelland Pal O' Mine (tastes like peaches)
Solani X Sweet Mystery (a bit overpowering and best smoked DGT but good stuff)

The only true aromatic I smoke is Dan's Milonga a solid Va based aro that has some added "flavor" without smoking wet and goopy!

Oh yes Holiday Spirit sounds lovely. I'm going to give that a shot

monbla256":s715nab2 said:
The only true aromatic I smoke is Dan's Milonga a solid Va based aro that has some added "flavor" without smoking wet and goopy!
+1 for Milonga - good stuff!

Stick":7kfg0bu3 said:
Mitch":7kfg0bu3 said:
Huh kinda nervous to try MacBaren, only thing I got from that ever was a burnt tongue!
No problem here Mitch.  Just air dry the tobacco for approx 30 mins or so before packing and sup it slowly...!
Out of the can, into the pipe and puff like billy-o - Wimps!  :lol!:

alandadp":rnwmhzq3 said:
Stick":rnwmhzq3 said:
Mitch":rnwmhzq3 said:
Huh kinda nervous to try MacBaren, only thing I got from that ever was a burnt tongue!
No problem here Mitch.  Just air dry the tobacco for approx 30 mins or so before packing and sup it slowly...!
Out of the can, into the pipe and puff like billy-o - Wimps!  :lol!:
 :lol!: 

Cornell & Diehl"s Autumn Evening (mild maple and vanilla casing) is my favorite aro. It's a great evening smoke. Also like holiday spirit, and And though it's not an aro Pennington Gap has a nice flavor.

desertpiper":9iif6ice said:
Cornell & Diehl"s Autumn Evening (mild maple and vanilla casing) is my favorite aro. It's a great evening smoke.
I got a sample of this from Smokingpipes with my last order. It's very pleasant.

That sounds awesome.

Call me a wimp I never liked the taste of a burnt tongue :)

Mitch":jwuwb93z said:
That sounds awesome.

Autumn Evening is one of the coolest smokes I've tried.

Big G":uum86kfo said:
Mitch":uum86kfo said:
Big g, uhles is from Milwaukee correct?  Have you tried Boswells?  I've heard great reviews on that
Yes, Uhle's is in Milwaukee.  Their pipe tobaccos are also sold in parts of Wisconsin at http://www.bookworldstores.com/tobacco.php (no affiliation with either company)

Yes, I have tried a few of the Boswell tobaccos and they are also terrific.  Christmas Cookie, No Bite DeLite, and Rum River are really tasty aromatics.
book world carries a decent amount of pipe stuffs, there is one in Fond du lac that carries tobacco if you end up at the other end of the lake.. try there house blend (classic or blackbear ive seen both names itll be the black cav one) also since tobacco in wi is rather expensive so if you want to try out some lane products (borkum, cptn black, half&half...so on) stglane has coupons available, used some the other day and picked up some borkum riff cavadinsh black from Book World, that was delish, smells/taste of toasted marshmallows and campfire

desertpiper":6069qqs4 said:
Cornell & Diehl"s Autumn Evening (mild maple and vanilla casing) is my favorite aro. It's a great evening smoke. Also like holiday spirit, and And though it's not an aro Pennington Gap has a nice flavor.
I have to admit that I bought a pound of this a few years back because I enjoyed it so much. I don't smoke it as much as I used to, but every once in a while I drag that quart jar out and it's just as enjoyable now as it was back then. The biggest problem I have with it is that it will stink up a tobacco pouch permanently so that even 10 Russians smells like pancakes if it's stored in the same pouch later.

I like Pipeworks & Wilke 191. Carole Burns offers a sampler of her blends which gives pipers a way to try her blends without dropping a bundle. I also smoke MacB Plumcake regularly and have been meaning to go through my smoker's diary with the aim of culling some notes that may help interested smokers get the most from this sometimes maligned blend. I've also been puffing Lanes' Hazelnut occasionally which is an inexpensive, accommodating, non-biting, dry-smoking bulk blend, which may have appeal as a summer smoke, especially to those who enjoy hazelnuts. It's best in a cob, I'd say.

I'm actually lucky I moved out of state, I live in Missouri now. Our taxes are cheap on tobac. I am going to order some uhles next week and I know my pricing is less than you locals!

jonnylaw13":9jyzqy4r said:
Big G":9jyzqy4r said:
Mitch":9jyzqy4r said:
Big g, uhles is from Milwaukee correct?  Have you tried Boswells?  I've heard great reviews on that
Yes, Uhle's is in Milwaukee.  Their pipe tobaccos are also sold in parts of Wisconsin at http://www.bookworldstores.com/tobacco.php (no affiliation with either company)

Yes, I have tried a few of the Boswell tobaccos and they are also terrific.  Christmas Cookie, No Bite DeLite, and Rum River are really tasty aromatics.
book world carries a decent amount of pipe stuffs, there is one in Fond du lac that carries tobacco if you end up at the other end of the lake.. try there house blend (classic or blackbear ive seen both names itll be the black cav one) also since tobacco in wi is rather expensive so if you want to try out some lane products (borkum, cptn black, half&half...so on) stglane has coupons available, used some the other day and picked up some borkum riff cavadinsh black from Book World, that was delish, smells/taste of toasted marshmallows and campfire  

One I didn't see mentioned yet for a good berry aro is Dan's Devil's Holiday if you can find it. Some other's I've had that were good:

Boswell's - Christmas Cookie
Boswell's - Boswell's Best
Cornell & Diehl - Celtic Mist
Cornell & Diehl - Nutty Irishman
Samuel Gawith - Firedance Flake

The absolute best chocolate aro I've ever tried is McClelland's Tastemaster.

McClelland's Three Cherry blend is the best cherry I've ever had.

For an all-around aro, I would say that Milonga is the best.

To me, Boswell's best aros are PA Dutch Treat, Piper's Pleasure, and Bear Blend.

Noticed no one has mentioned one of my favorites 4 Noggins Lord Methley's. A cool/dry smoking aro with great berry flavor.

Also a big fan of Boswell's PDT, Xmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, Cherry Smash, No Bite Delite & Raspberry Cream.

Also another vote for Mc C's 3 Cherry Blend.

One of my favorites is (and always will be!) Hobbit's Weed from Tewksbury & Co. Mellow cherry flavor with a hint of vanilla, no bite. And you can't beat their customer service!

Mitch":2xg937bf said:
That sounds awesome.

If you're burning your tongue or getting bit, its a big ol' sign you're doing it wrong.

I like McClelland Bulk 2000 FMC, but it isn't a true aromatic.