New Ben Wade

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coalsmoke

Reaction score
This came in the mail yesterday from Cup O' Joes along with a tins of Peterson's Old Dublin and Dunhill 965.

BenWade2.jpg

BenWade1.jpg

The pipe is near flawless with just a few small light nicks from handling that are nothing to worry about. The bit is wide and solid making it a terrific clencher. It's pre-smoked with a tight fitting stem and shank and the colored band makes a classy addition. The bowl is deep and wide allowing me to use my undex finger to tamp with all the way to the heel and for long smokes. My only negative comment is the wax used on the stem had a horrible taste and I stripped it off with alcohol. Okay, so the stem doesn't have a gloss...no biggie...at least it doesn't taste bad! First smoke test to follow so stay tuned! :D

Cigar2you":eqh8i0nv said:
Is that an English Ben Wade?
Yes it is...Made in London. I just finished a bowl of the Old Dublin while sitting in our ramshackle garage watching it snow. Very easy draw from its deep bowl and the wide bit makes it perfect for clenching while sitting or walking. Love it! :)

Yes, that is a very nice shape and grain. As others say, very classy. I too prefer fat bits. Your pipe appears to have all the right chemistry. Enjoy!

My first experience with Old Dublin was a free tin that came with a Pete XMAS 2011 pipe. I had no clue as what good sheat it would turn out to be. Again, enjoy.

That's a gorgeous classic european shape. Congrats on a really nice addition to your collection! 8)