New blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered 2 bags of 2oz Yazoo Witch Halloween blend from Country Squire. Went to refill my supply is Rivendell but to my dismay it was nowhere to be found. Did they change the names? Anyway, will be trying this one in the morning. Also it came with stickers for the jar lids, such a great idea if you ask me, everyone should include them with orders.
20231023_181346.jpg

20231023_181340.jpg

From the website:
Limited Edition- Miro-Batch:
Yazoo Witch is a dark & brooding blend of matured & stoved Virginias, Turkish, Dark Fired Kentucky, with a dash of Latakia and Louisiana Perique.

Bag Note: Tangy w/ a Mild Sweetness. Honey BBQ Sauce.
Room Note: Dark & Toasted Oak.
Tasting Notes: Full-bodied- Grassy, Earthy, Spice, Floral, Savory, Woody.

They ran into licensing issues and had to change the names. I reached out to them a couple weeks ago and was told:

Old Tobey -> Tombigbee
Second Breakfast -> Picayune Pancake
Rivendell -> Riverboat Queen
Bag End -> Pilgrim's Muse
Green Dragon -> George's Dragon
Kingsfoil -> King's Highway

That blend sounds good, and that's neat they include the jar stickers. I need to place an order with them. I've never tried their tobaccos, but they have quite a few that sound good.

They ran into licensing issues and had to change the names. I reached out to them a couple weeks ago and was told:

Old Tobey -> Tombigbee

That blend sounds good, and that's neat they include the jar stickers. I need to place an order with them. I've never tried their tobaccos, but they have quite a few that sound good.

Thanks for the info update. Riverboat Queen is one I usually have on hand at all times. I've enjoyed Picayune Pancake. When Christy's time rolls around Figgy Pudding is excellent but you have to act fast as it sells out rather quickly.

Old Tobey -> Tombigbee

I haven't tried any of their middle earth blends but "white rose" is my favorite aromatic of theirs, "Delta Honeydew" was a close second. Faulkner flake is what I was looking forward to the most but I was less than impressed, I'll have to try it again now that it has a few months on it though.

I haven't tried any of their middle earth blends but "white rose" is my favorite aromatic of theirs, "Delta Honeydew" was a close second. Faulkner flake is what I was looking forward to the most but I was less than impressed, I'll have to try it again now that it has a few months on it though.
I've actually never had anything from them, but quite a few of their blends sound quite good. I placed an order a couple days ago, which should reach me on Saturday. Trying Tombigee (I'll still be referring to it as Old Tobey), Shepherd's Pie, and Cowboy Coffee.

As I've never had any of these, I got the Tombigee largely for the room note around others, the SP since you can't go wrong with a classic english blend (and it may have won my favor being named after one of my favorite dishes), and the CC because I don't believe I've tried any dark fired leaf, and I think that's supposed to have some in it.

Plus I seem to recall the blend description being at least somewhat akin to Ranger's Urban Cowboy recipe, and I need to know if it lives up to the recognition that Zippo has given it!