New brother of the briar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorringowl

Reaction score
Hi to all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a furniture maker and aspiring pipe maker. I got into pipes and pipe smoking about a year ago (after being a non-smoker for all of my life). I figured I was old enough (43) that I should have at least one vise that could possibly kill me (and motorcycling and dating crazy women were more dangerous--which is why I gave those up for pipes).

I'm an avid reader and writer too, so, anyone want to share their love of literature (especially pipe related), I'm in. Looks like a great site.

Thanks,
Frank
aka, Sorringowl

Hey! Welcome! I'm an avid reader and writer also! I'm still working on completing that first novel, but I've only been at the writing thing for about two years after I gave up singing and opera as a hobby. What do you like to read and write?

Martin

Thank you gentlemen (and lady) for your kind welcome and comments. Seems like a very nice group.

MartinH":n7nfe1lk said:
Hey! Welcome! I'm an avid reader and writer also! I'm still working on completing that first novel, but I've only been at the writing thing for about two years after I gave up singing and opera as a hobby. What do you like to read and write?

Martin
Hey Martin,
Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading Poe lately and Sherlock Holmes. Really getting into it now that I'm a pipe smoker. I'm also working on a novel, the main character of which, smokes a pipe.

Did you seriously sing opera as a hobby?? That's pretty cool. What's your novel about (if you don't mind sharing)?

MisterE":s1ksjv6f said:
Welcome man! Love to see some of the pipes you make! :cheers:
Hey E, will post some of the "experiments" I've been doing. I made a few pipes out of walnut wood, with maple stems (just to get practice) and now I'm working on my first briar pipe. I will be sure to post some pics. Thanks.