New CAO blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
I saw these yesterday for the first time in a local B&M. The tins look like they have lozenges instead of tobacco. Has anyone tried them? I'm afraid to. Very afraid...

CAO makes an excellent cigar. If their pipe tobacco offerings are of as high quality they ought to be good.

Wet Dottle":5i9zl7nq said:
I saw these yesterday for the first time in a local B&M. The tins look like they have lozenges instead of tobacco. Has anyone tried them? I'm afraid to. Very afraid...
Apparently they are being marketed as 'pipe tobacco' versions of their flavored cigar line. So, aromatics all.

I recently tried the Moontrance on the advice of my Friendly Neighborhood Tobacconist. Defiantly on of the best blends I've tried. Every time I smoke it while out on the town I get nothing but compliments. But then again, that happens no matter what I'm smoking. :D

The Janitor

The Janitor":p7s900bk said:
I recently tried the Moontrance on the advice of my Friendly Neighborhood Tobacconist. Defiantly on of the best blends I've tried. Every time I smoke it while out on the town I get nothing but compliments. But then again, that happens no matter what I'm smoking. :D

The Janitor
How does Moontrance compare to CAO/Dan Tobacco's Blue Note? I figured the flavor of the Moontrance cigar was based off of the Blue Note pipe tobacco with it's "exotic fruit and bourbon vanilla" flavoring...

I love CAO cigars, even their "flavors line". When I saw that they were making Moontrance pipe tobacco, I was very excited to say the least. However, I am not a really big aro type guy. I read a terrible review of "Cherry Bomb" and I hesitated buying the Moontrance. If the pipe tobacco in Moontrance is anything like the cigar, it will be a winner. I will wait and see if anyone reviews it or has recently tried it. If nobody does, I guess I'll cave in and become the test "guinea pig".

The new tobaccos are:Cherry Bomb / Bella Vanilla / Moontrance / & Eileens Dream

JohnnyO":wu8319ue said:
How does Moontrance compare to CAO/Dan Tobacco's Blue Note? I figured the flavor of the Moontrance cigar was based off of the Blue Note pipe tobacco with it's "exotic fruit and bourbon vanilla" flavoring...
I've never had the chance to try Blue Note, but my FNT described Moontrance as 'the new Blue Note.'

The Janitor

I ordered Cherry Bomb and Eileen's Dream, I'll let yall know when I get the chance to try them

Going to try one of them now, although it's like 30 degrees in the garage lol

CAOCB3.jpg

Cherry Bomb, very cherry smelling, I hope it's as good as G&H Top Black Cherry, that stuff is the holy grail of cherry tobaccos IMO

CAOED3.jpg

Eileen's Dream smells sweet...smells familiar, hard to say what...it smells a bit like chocolately irish cream with a sharp alcohol smell in the finish...reminds me of something one would find at the tinderbox or as a house aromatic in a local B&M

One thing I noticed on the tins, the CAO blends in the past were produced by Dan Tobacco, these say "Made in Denmark by Scandinavian Tobacco Group for CAO International, Inc."

I tried Eileen's Dream last night...in a CAO meer...I've had better and I've had worse honestly. It was sweet, but nothing to really rave about. The Irish Cream and white chocolate flavors meld into a basic aromatic....really hard to describe, it tastes so familiar, and reminds me of several basic aromatics. I only received some tongue burn upon a relight mid-bowl. The room note was not off putting but not as sweet as say Blue Note. Overall it'd be a decent aromatic for the aromatic smoker, or a pipe newb whose pallet is less refined to the finer side of tobacco. If someone smokes CAO cigars and occasionally smokes a pipe, it'd be good for them.

Tonight I tried Cherry Bomb :cherry: ...I must say I enjoyed it more than some tobaccoreviews.com posters did :lol:. It had a nice cherry flavor, not as good as G&H Top Black Cherry but pretty decent. It reminded me of a slightly better quality Borkum Riff Cherry. I didn't find the flavor too "chemical" tasting, and the room note was pleasant. There were however some downfalls. The blend was a bit goopy in my CAO meer, with one occasion of sucking up tobacco juices...gross...it gurgled several times midway through. Secondly when the blend got to the bottom of the bowl it turned pretty sour. I dumped out what was left and reminisced of the first half of the bowl which was smoked with pleasure. :silent:

Wet Dottle":nwubqozh said:

Dont do it! I wasted 10.00 on one of these and it tasted like laundry deteargant. The room note was sweet but very chemical smelling.