New cellar waiting to age

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesands77

Reaction score
Well, after taking about ten years off from piping I'm back with a vengeance. Its a little different now as I'm seeing the value in aging. So, my smoking time is spent admiring new blends and stocking up on not only the blends I enjoy, but also ones that are no longer in production and others that might not make the FDA regs. This really grew quicker than I expected. I initially got cigar boxes for all the tobacco and now I think I'm going to have to explore other options.

951eb204-f7bb-44a7-8f99-b25aaf1545aa_zpss0pujnwe.jpg
[/url][/img]

Thanks fellas, It is a little bit Esoterica heavy, and luckily I have a few B&M's that stock it that are close or I would have paid out the nose. I'm looking to expand in other areas and would appreciate any suggestions. You can already see what I like so far. Thanks again.

Very nice selection of tobacco's for your cellar for sure :cheers: Your a smart man, keep building your cellar now and until February of 2018 because many of our favorites will be gone. By 2018 I intend on having over 350lbs. of ALL my favorite tobacco's so I will have no worries.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

WOW! Nice haul!

My 2 cents:

It may take some extra work and time but I would recommend jarring up everything that is not in pop top pull tab tins. The square metal tins are notorious for loosing their seal. Even the round "shoe polish" tins can slowly leak.

You would hate to open something up a few years from now and it be all dried. :cry:

Thanks gents! Ive added a handful more already. It seems I'm not able to stop stockpiling. lol
I think the owner of the local B&M is getting tired of me buying all his stock. Super nice people and they have a ton of esoterica. Ive been lucky in the regard that I'm paying fair retail for most of it. I don't think Ill be anywhere close to the 100's of lb's but I'm definitely trying to get the hard to find stuff that I actually enjoy. Any recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Nice pickup. I've been looking for Dorchester for a while. If you like the stuff scarf it up!!!

whitesands77":xra5n6np said:
Thanks gents! Ive added a handful more already. It seems I'm not able to stop stockpiling. lol
I think the owner of the local B&M is getting tired of me buying all his stock. Super nice people and they have a ton of esoterica. Ive been lucky in the regard that I'm paying fair retail for most of it. I don't think Ill be anywhere close to the 100's of lb's but I'm definitely trying to get the hard to find stuff that I actually enjoy. Any recommendations would be appreciated as well.
Seasonal blends would be a good thing to look at. Sounds like they might become a thing of the past.

I did snag a tin of the 2015 Christmas Cheer and I plan on getting the 2016 and 2017. My local B&M has quite a few. I was eyeballing the corn cob pipe by C&D as well. Thanks for the recommendation for sure Ozark!

I do like the VaPer's But I am a bigger fan of the English blends. Nate, If my B&M has any more Dorchester I'll pick you up a tin and you can have it at cost plus shipping. Ill prob stop by there tomorrow. Just PM me if you are interested.