New day, new tobys....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_68

Reaction score
So, my morning smoke with my coffee was a new one to me - it was some Altadis Rum and Maple which I got as a freebie with an order. Wasn't bad, a bit bitey if I wasn't paying attention but the thin ribbon cut was nice and it burned well...no complaints for the price.

But low and behold, my 4Noggins order was waiting for me when I got home so I HAD to try some Storm Front. Now I have to buy more cobs because that stuff was INCREDIBLE! From the pouch aroma and moisture content, to the loading and burn qualities it was perfect! I'm not gonna venture a full flavor review just yet but my perfect scenario with this toby goes something like this:

Being in the Tampa area I've developed a love for cuban food, which is perfect for something with cigar leaf aboard. I'd sit down to a wonderful meal from my favorite cuban place, which today is Elena's here in Lakeland. A big meal of cuban steak, black beans and rice and some plantains. Then a big peice of tres leche cake and wash it all down with a nice cuban coffee and a big cob-full of Storm Front!! Muy bueno amigos!

Thanks Mr. Patton for a great blend...

As great as SF may be, I trade a bowl of that for the meal you ate any day. You make my teeth hungry!

Yup - I don't think I've ever seen a comment about someone's first encounter with SF that didn't express something of astonishment and delight. It's one of those.

And I also agree with the Cuban meal he described as being a great preface to a fat bowl. Certainly better than Lutefisk, Ryecrisp, Pickled Herring and Boiled Eggs! Yeesh! Hmmm. No wonder the Nordics are famous for their aromatic blends...it takes something like that to kill the taste of the dinner they just suffered! lol

Blackhorse":wmggiu70 said:
Certainly better than Lutefisk, Ryecrisp, Pickled Herring and Boiled Eggs! Yeesh! Hmmm. No wonder the Nordics are famous for their aromatic blends...it takes something like that to kill the taste of the dinner they just suffered! lol
This = funny. 8) :cheers: