New Federal Classification of Pipe Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc Manhattan":h1ee07xn said:
I have a strong suspicion that this (like the other tobacco reclassification/tariff laws) is going on with the blessing of Big Tobacco ... so just consider me a conspiracy theorist.
When it is so transparent, I do not think it is much of a conspiracy! And when you add into the mix horrible lobbying organizations such as TFK (who in my opinion are the worst of the worst amongst the antis in terms of promoting dubious half-truths, poor arguments, and such in support of their 100% prohibition agenda), it approaches the absurd.

Let us hope the small American (and European for that matter) blenders can weather this storm. I know it sounds grim, but I would not be surprised in the least if this time next year the shelves are bare of anything made by the small boutique blenders we all know and love. Of course I hope that will not be the case.

Remember there is also the tobacco tax parity act still looming as well.

I think I am done commenting on this for now, but will keep as close a watch as possible on how things proceed from here.

Natch":2j2bjx21 said:
Justpipes":2j2bjx21 said:
Maybe one of our resident gooberment/loyalist workers can give us some insight into this line of thinking.
Well, I might be a "gooberment/loyalist", as I teach at a State institution and my salary comes from Arkansas State taxes, tuition, and some level (small) of federal funding, but I think it's kind of silly to presume that any of the millions of government employees at any level in the U.S. can explain this proposed regulation, and we certainly can't believe they all proposed or support it. Although our government doesn't always operate the way I would like it to (and when I'm elected King of the Country, boy will things change! :lol: ) but I guess I am a loyalist as I buy into that perhaps silly and arcane idea of "by the people, for the people". In some cases, just because "we" are not the majority or able to get our way doesn't make the government bad.

But I digress to a rubber room topic. My apologizes,

Natch
I completely understand Natch. While I do work for a private company, it is through a government contract.