New Feline Addition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Manhattan

Reaction score
So I get a picture message on my phone from the wife the other day. A cute white and orange kitten hiding in a planter.

The internet is abundant with cute cat pictures, so I figure that's where it's from, say "DAWWWW" and move on. Then the scales fall from my eyes: our planter. Our shelf. Therefore...

My wife found him stray and bedraggled on the sidewalk, and he was instantly friendly to her and my toddler. She'd seen him wander through our backyard a few times. The kitten (a definite visual-confirm HE) let himself be carried home three blocks, fed, squirted with flea/tick/parasite goop, and quarantined. ALmost immediately after he was dosed, fleas by the dozens start falling to their tiny deaths.

Vet said that with that combo of friendly and obvious neglect (underfed, flearidden, anemic) he was probably an abandoned domestic. Gave an additional PO flea killer, boosted shots, and sent him home with a clean bill of health otherwise. Labs were clean the next day for the really nasty stuff, too.

So, this guy is here now. Gentlemen, meet Nunnel. (Why Nunnel? Because we let the boy name him, and he loves to say "Tunnel" and he can't make dental consonants very well yet.)

9375053598_307626df5a.jpg

You are to be blessed for your actions. Pretty Kitteh! He will teach you all so much in the many years to come. :cheers: :lol: :cheers: :lol: 

What a cool cat! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Great Doc. Now your young child will have something to bond with and the photos will be fun to see them both grow together. Just be careful though. In this homestead the one cat turned into 3 and a dog as well. Enjoy your new family member and thanks to your spouse there's one less stray on the streets.:cheers: 

That's one smart kitten. He searched and found himself a ready made family. Now he's got a new Daddy, Mommy, and a little brother. They all love him and he's going to live in the lap of luxury for the rest of his life. :cheers: :heart: :cheers: :heart: :cheers:

AJ

He's gorgeous, so good of you to give him a new home where he will obviously be loved and cared for. :cheers: 

Cats are nicer than people. Congratulations! People who abandon animals who can't thrive in the environment ought to lose a hand. Well, maybe not, but you get my meaning.