NEW FLAKE FROM C+D (new to me)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ireland

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a new blend or if smokingpipes barely started to stock it but it sounds good to me!

GULIFORD FLAKE
"C&D pays tribute to the Old North State battle that led to victory in the Revolutionary War. Old Belt Red and Bright Va's are combined with a bit of Turkish then stoved, pressed and sliced into flakes."

Has anyone tried this?

I'm thinking Blackhorse, Yak, MisterE, Ian, Kyle... One of you guys lol

It sounds right up our collective alley

I've had the Guilford Courthouse...in the ribbon form, it wasn't bad. To be honest, Shane, I think that in your case it would be a bit uneventful (same genre as Embarcadero, but...well, it's not Embarcadero).

Still - if this is the same blend in flake form (and it seems to me that it surely is), it might be worth trying out.

I know for a fact that I have tried the Courthouse before... But I can find any notes or remember what I thought. I know I didn't hate it! Lol

Maybe I'll orders bit of both the courthouse and the flake to try

Natch gave me some Guilford Courthouse some time ago, and I don't have any notes on it. I think it got lost in my many baggies of stuff to try.

It's totally in my wheelhouse, especially in a flake form. If it's going to compete with Embarcadero, it has some VERY big shoes to fill. I'd give it a skeptical, non-hopeful chance. If it can rise above, well, then, so be it. The biased Peasean Slut I am. :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":kd4xx0iv said:
Natch gave me some Guilford Courthouse some time ago, and I don't have any notes on it. I think it got lost in my many baggies of stuff to try.

It's totally in my wheelhouse, especially in a flake form. If it's going to compete with Embarcadero, it has some VERY big shoes to fill. I'd give it a skeptical, non-hopeful chance. If it can rise above, well, then, so be it. The biased Peasean Slut I am. :lol:

8)
I don't expect it to compete with Embarcadero but I suppose I could find room in my rotation for one more flake :D

Too many great tobaccos ain't such a bad problem to have!

MisterE":5q1nfuwp said:
I do not know this one yet, but from the sounds of it, I oughta!
C+D make some fine VA flakes. I doubt this one will be any less enjoyable than the others.

Who ever tries it first is obligated to report back to this thread!

And I like the new avatar, E! :cheers:

...so I ordered a few tins to age and a few tins to smoke of this Guilford Flake... Haven't tried it yet (sick the past week yadda yadda)

All the tins are dated 3/2009 and underneath the plastic lid, are dusty/dirty. Was this blend tinned then aged for years before it's release? Or are these date stamps mistakes?

Any of you guys have old date stamps on your new tins of Guilford flake??

I did a write up on the mixture Shane. You'd have to dig a little in the Tobacco Jar for it. I did enjoy it, but I would categorize it as a "B-side" tobacco. One that some people may love and others may never listen to.