New from nation’s oldest city

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I dabbled with a pipe a few years ago, and I switched to cigars when I had trouble with pipe tobacco humidity.

I have reordered a pipe, tobacco, and supplies to save money (cigrs are expensive). I could really use some tips on storing and controlling humidity in the tobacco. I ordered two 2-oz tins. Was planning on putting in a 62% Boveda pack in each tin. Is that a good plan, or do you have a better system? I had a bad taste experience using Boveda packs with cigars.

Glad to be here. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Tony
I have a question or two about English tobacco’s. I rate my tobacco’s on a 5 scale, and I only reorder if they are a 5. So far, I have given a 5 to VaBurs, VaPers, Cigar leaf tobacco’s, and an aromatic. I’m trying real hard to like Eng blends. However, I have tried Mississippi River, Quiet Nights, and today I tried Ten Russians. I have ony rated these 3 Eng blends a 3. I’ve detected a soapy taste with some blends. The Ten Russians had a pronounced soapy taste to me. Now I’m thinking I may not be an Eng guy. Does anyone know if I may have an aversion to Latakia? Any suggestions, thoughts, or similar experience?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

What BH said. Lots of English blends out there. CS Shepherds Pie is a good mild one. Their Northwest Trek is a bit stronger but really smooth. I was gifted some BS759 match and it was very good. Not as good as the original BSOSM but a worthy substitute.

I prefer English/Balkan blends that don't include Burley, Dark Fired Kentucky or Perique. I also stick with C&D produced blends since they don't use chemical humectants. A list in somewhat increasing Latakia content would be G. L. Pease
Ashbury
Kensington
Odyssey
Charring Cross
Westminster
Abingdon

Or Drucquer
Casbah
Levant Mixture

They both produce other blends with the afore mentioned Burleys.