New from Southeast Michigan

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericpierson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am in my third year of smoking a pipe. I own 18 pipes at present and smoke many different tobaccos. Variety is one of the things I enjoy the most about this hobby. I live about 35 miles northeast of Detroit or atop Lake St. Clair.

I belong to another forum and recognize some members from there. I also recognize some names from Tobacco Reveiws where I go under the name Tall Puff O'Burley, a play on words as I am 6'9" tall. Anyway, this seems like a nice place so I thought I would hang out and make some new friends.

Grew up in Midland, MI and currently reside in NE Florida.  Welcome to BoB.

Rick

Welcome aboard, Eric .... how often do you meet this many new guys with none of them asking if you play basketball ??

SteveS":c6w8j8us said:
Welcome aboard, Eric .... how often do you meet this many new guys with none of them asking if you play basketball ??
It is a common question for sure, but typically when one is standing next to me. Of course, when I am smoking it makes me look much less athletic. lol

I did play a year in college back in 87-88 at Oakland University, but didn't see any play time.

Domer":yqwmprnf said:
Welcome! I'll check out your reviews.
My later reviews are much better than my earlier ones. Just a heads up. One day I will have to rewrite some of them as those earlier ones look like I know nothing about smoking a pipe. Mostly because at that time, I didn't. lol

Brewdude":b8dj7ecx said:
Glad to have you aboard.

6'9" tall you say? How's the weather up there?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Cheers,

RR
The weather has been horrendous. I can't wait to get to Florida next week, where I am sure I will be asked that question at some point. :roll: 

ericpierson":6encoe4m said:
Brewdude":6encoe4m said:
Glad to have you aboard.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Cheers,

RR
The weather has been horrendous. I can't wait to get to Florida next week, where I am sure I will be asked that question at some point. :roll: 
At 6'6" I share your pain...I get asked all the time...I do play basketball as well.

But, when people say, "So...do you play basketball?" I respond, "So, are you a jockey?"

:lol!: 

PozzSka":uj6c4ag2 said:
ericpierson":uj6c4ag2 said:
Brewdude":uj6c4ag2 said:
Glad to have you aboard.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Cheers,

RR
At 6'6" I share your pain...I get asked all the time...I do play basketball as well.

But, when people say, "So...do you play basketball?"  I respond, "So, are you a jockey?"

:lol!: 
lol . . . I have actually answered that question with "no, I'm a jockey" before. I have also used Gymnast in that response to equal effectiveness.