New Guy From Phoenix

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyV

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just found the site and wanted to join. I've had a Dr. Grabow pipe that my Mom got me about five or so years ago now and I enjoy a nice smoke now and then but have said that someday I would get a "nice" pipe. Well I finally decided to do that a couple weeks ago and was immediately overwhelmed by all the choices out there not only in brands but also shapes and styles. I ended up getting a Peterson Zippo set because I also like Zippos and figured for the price the Peterson would normally be by itself I got the Zippo as well. I got the better Zippo fuel as well and so far I'm really enjoying the Pipe. I would like to add a bent pipe to the mix and I also like the Churchwardens as well.

I have a little bit of the Cherry Tobacco my Mom had gotten me when she got the Grabow but wanted to try other blends and I got 2oz. of some Billy Budd and 2oz. of some Rum and Maple by Altadis. Like with the pipes there are so many options out there with tobacco but in looking over videos on YouTube I saw that a lot of people liked the Billy Budd and being a cigar smoker as well I thought it would be a good choice and I do really like it. The Rum and Maple I got because I really like Maple but also so when other people are around I'm not overwhelming them with a strong tobacco. Looking for some other stuff to try and any suggestions would be appreciated and just looking forward to progressing with my pipe collection and enjoying this great hobby to it's fullest.

Welcome, Jimmy! I'm sure you'll find lots of opinions which will help you. Enjoy your time here!

"T"

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Really enjoying my new Peterson and already trying to figure out what my next pipe will be, lol. Been intrigued by some of the DIY pipes that some members have made from the Tinsky pipe kits and may give one of them a shot at some point. Would definitely be pretty cool smoking a pipe that you actually made.

Welcome Jimmy, you picked a good first pipe, Petersons are real nice pipes for the money. Pick up a tin of Dans Blue Note, its a really nice aromatic.

Welcome Aboard Jimmy! Make sure you go to tobaccoreviews.com to do your research.