New Guy From TN

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RealtorFrank

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am a relatively new pipe smoker. I am a long time cigar fanatic, and was at my local B&M about a month ago when there pipe guy started talking with me. I told him I always wanted to try a good pipe. Needless to say I left that day with a Savinelli Capri Estate Pipe, and a couple ounces of tobacco. Since then I have been adding more and more tobacco, just trying all the different blends!

Looking forward to talking with you all, and learning all I can from you!

Welcome,

I enjoy hanging out in the small cigar lounge at my local pipe shop. It's primarily a cigar shop, but has a nice pipe selection I'm bout the only person I've seen that smokes pipes. The cigar smokers often take interest and I enjoy explaining the various types of tobaccos available, beyond the sticky aromatics they see open in the shop.

Wealth of knowledge here at the bros of briar

Welcome to the Brotherhood, man.

I started the same way; cigars and then pipes started interesting me--their designs,artistry,different tobacco flavors and blends. Pipes are just more fun,interesting,relaxing to me. However, I still enjoy a nice Arturo Fuente or Drew Estate Tabak from time-to-time.
For the non-millionaire, I think estate pipes are the way to go. You can get a great pipe at a steal if you know what your looking at when you find it... it's just these great deals tend to sneak up on you at shops and most of the time the guy/gal doesn't even know what they have themselves! So, read all about pipes and makers and styles. You'll run across a gem one day and get it for a fraction of the value--always make a great story or brag to a fellow enthusiast.
A good friend of mine says every pipe has a story...it's true...probably because we pipe smokers are talkers--this post is my case-in-point.

See ya round.

p.s. As a native Tennessean maybe you already know this, but I hear Nashville,TN has an excellent pipe shop: Uptowns. I'm planning to go there this holiday season to browse their wares.

Big Dave's Deluxe":ji3oe0ve said:
Welcome to the Brotherhood, man.

I started the same way; cigars and then pipes started interesting me--their designs,artistry,different tobacco flavors and blends. Pipes are just more fun,interesting,relaxing to me. However, I still enjoy a nice Arturo Fuente or Drew Estate Tabak from time-to-time.
For the non-millionaire, I think estate pipes are the way to go. You can get a great pipe at a steal if you know what your looking at when you find it... it's just these great deals tend to sneak up on you at shops and most of the time the guy/gal doesn't even know what they have themselves! So, read all about pipes and makers and styles. You'll run across a gem one day and get it for a fraction of the value--always make a great story or brag to a fellow enthusiast.
A good friend of mine says every pipe has a story...it's true...probably because we pipe smokers are talkers--this post is my case-in-point.

See ya round.

p.s. As a native Tennessean maybe you already know this, but I hear Nashville,TN has an excellent pipe shop: Uptowns. I'm planning to go there this holiday season to browse their wares.
Thanks for all the info, Uptowns is actually my home shop. I am good friends with them, and would be happy to introduce you to them when you come to town!

Welcome to the group! PAD from having Uptowns locally could be about as expensive as a divorce :lol:

Buddy

Welcome to the forum....which blends have you tried so far? My wife travels to Nashville every month, I may have to get her to stop by the Uptown shop for me.

Buddy Springman":r8phqh6c said:
Welcome to the group! PAD from having Uptowns locally could be about as expensive as a divorce :lol:

Buddy
Yeah, they know me and my check card all too well. I think they may actually already have the number memorized! lol

hobie1dog":gslj7qb4 said:
Welcome to the forum....which blends have you tried so far? My wife travels to Nashville every month, I may have to get her to stop by the Uptown shop for me.
I've tried the Bulls Eye Flake, Sir Winston,Green Hills(House Blend), just picked up some Lord Alfred so that is on my list to try next! If she goes one day, let me know and I will call Scott the GM and make sure they keep an eye out for her!

I am going up there for Thanksgiving to see family. I will probably go by there on Friday or Saturday if they're open. My friend here in Atlanta says I need to meet the pipe guy there, Keith Moore. So, if you're around that'd be cool--if not, throw out a good word for me to Scott or Keith. Thanks!