New Guy Here --- Adirondack Mountains, NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK_Pipe

Reaction score
Hello out there!

I've been a reader of the board for a while, but never joined up. But here I am!

I'm an Upstate New Yorker, living in the Adirondack Region. Picked up collecting pipes and tobacco back in college about ten years ago. I've been collecting and smoking off and on for that whole time. I have a few Pete's, a few Stanwells, two Boswells, a Jake Hackert, a Nielsen, two recently purchased Tim West pipes, and a few more varieties here and there. I'm a big fan of billiards and billiard off-shoots... but I've been getting more into bents lately.

Big fan of cobs, as well. Just recently started looking into those nice stems at Walker's. I probably smoke my cobs more than my nice briars.

Other than pipes, I'm a maker of a bunch of things, rustic crafts and such, a welder, maple syrup maker, beer brewer, wine maker, hop grower, etc. And, then I work a regular job during the day... heh.

Favorite tobacco - Adirondack Mixture from the now closed "With Pipe and Book" in Lake Placid. (Which, BTW is now blended by Cup O' Joes)

Welcome and good to meet you brother. I envy your home location. I've spent some happy vacation days in North Creek and appreciate the natural beauty of the Adirondack Park. Great place to smoke a pipe....great in the summer and splendid on a snowbank in the winter. Cup-o-Joe's will certainly take good care of your needs.

Welcome to the forums; I hope you enjoy your time here reading and posting!

"T"

Thanks for the welcome(s)!!

LIPIPE --- You are right, the Adirondacks are a great place in both the winter and the summer for a pipe. I've had many good days in the woods during the winter and there is not much better than silence, snow and a nice warm pipe.

Welcome Aboard! Love the Adirondacks! Used to live in Syracuse back in the 80's. Old Forge, Tupper Lake,Saranac, Blue Mtn. Lake, Indian Lake, Long Lake, Thousand Islands,Oh how I miss them all. The Adirondacks was once named America's Best Kept Secret. Most people don't even know where they are. They don't know what they're missing. What part of Adirondacks do you call home?

They are a beautiful place! *Ssshhhh* :)

I used to live on the northern side of the ADKs, near Canton. Now, I've moved to the southern side - just north of the Mohawk Valley on the West Canada Creek.

Hello and welcome ADK - an old upstater myself, Gloversville was were I grew up but I was born in Potsdam. Spent summers fishing and boating the Sacandaga and Long Lake....LOVE the Adirondacks...

Heading up in a couple of weeks to visit my family. Can't wait!

Hi Mike ---

I worked in Gloversville for a few years and spent some time in Potsdam... Very familiar with both places! Man, I always loved Potsdam... just hard to find work up that way!

Welcome ADK. I always enjoyed stopping at Pipe and Book in my travels. Glad to hear their blend is still being produced.

Welcome from another newbie. We lived for a while in the Berkshire's of Mass. Don't know if that counts as being somewhat in the neighborhood. I'm still trying to get up to Lake George one of these years for Americade.

Well, if you are ever up that way for Americade, stop a few exits down and visit Cup O' Joes. Great pipe and tobacco shop.

I've never gone to Americade, but I have some friends that do. It's too controlled for me... every year there are stories of road blocks and tickets for loud pipes, illegal helmets, etc., etc.,

It's a beautiful area up there, though.

ADK_Pipe":os7qmu1c said:
Well, if you are ever up that way for Americade, stop a few exits down and visit Cup O' Joes. Great pipe and tobacco shop.

I've never gone to Americade, but I have some friends that do. It's too controlled for me... every year there are stories of road blocks and tickets for loud pipes, illegal helmets, etc., etc.,

It's a beautiful area up there, though.
I've ordered a few things from Cup O' Joes before.

Also sounds like you ride. True? What are you riding?