New Hat & Suit

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
My daughter and her boyfriend were here in MD from New Orleans all week and last Sunday, he proposed to her. So, we've been planning a June '14 wedding all week, which included picking up a new suit for Dad. The groom/groomsmen are all wear blue seersucker suits and I'll be in brown. I couldn't resist a nicely vented summer flat cap to match. (unlike Minnie Pearl, I pulled the tag...)

Should have left the tag in. Last chance to embarrass your little girl before she's all grown up.

JKenP":q44tldjx said:
Should have left the tag in.  Last chance to embarrass your little girl before she's all grown up.
Oh, I can do that quite nicely just with my sparkling wit....(or perhaps the father/daughter dance...)
I own a tux and was a little miffed I couldn't wear it, but warmed up to the seersucker solution and New Orleans is bound to be steaming in June, outdoor reception to boot.

Suits are something that one sees at the shows quite frequently. I am not a suit person. I am lucky that tee shirts and shorts even fit me. But at the Chicago show, I do see some fellows suited up. About as often as one sees hunting vests. Makes for an interesting crowd.

There is a Triumph t-shirt under that suit and I left with a pair of shorts.
I've never seen one of my pipe buddies in anything less than a sports coat and tie, a true gentleman (member lestrout)

You look pretty spiffy there Al. Nice choice in both the hat and suit. Definitely a must have in New Orleans during the hot weather season. And you are correct about Les. I've never seen him without his proper attire of jacket and tie, hat included.

You look great but don't forget the shoes.

Wicked Sharp, as they say in Maine. Actually it comes out more like, Wicked Shahp! And I forget whether socks are supposed to match the pants or the shoes.

Bub":funlj7go said:
You look great but don't forget the shoes.
A pair of oxblood wingtips is going to have to work, I'm about broke buying everything else.