New Keystone pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3779

Reaction score
My P&C catalogs have had these new Keystone pipes, the bowl unscrews and they have small clay stones that go in the chamber below it. New idea in moisture absorption. The pipes themselves don't capture my interest, but the idea is interesting. Has anyone purchased and smoked one of these? Also has anyone purchased the keystones themselves and put them in a pipe like a metal stem Viking? I don't now what size the clay chips are or if they would fit, but am curious all the same.

I have two these.
Very durable and actually very good smokers!
I obtained one as a gift and just bought a second.
The Keystones are basically little clay nuggets that go under the bowl. Think of a Falcon, where there is a void / chamber under the screw on bowl. Well, this pipe is quite similar. Only difference is the Keystones are in the void and smoke passes over them, thus absorbing any extra moisture.

Mike Lancaster from TPC did a video on these last year.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b5AzCVF5YVY" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I was gifted one in my recent bombing. It's an OK smoker, comparable to my Falcon in performance. I don't know that the keystones themselves make much difference.

An interesting concept, but I'd rather spend an extra $20.00 bucks and get a solid affordable estate pipe.

Plus, I have never derived much enjoyment from smoking my Falcons so I don't see one of these in my near future.

Appreciate the input guys, I have a viking. My thought was that the clay pieces might fit under the bowl in that. I don't know if they would make a change in smoke quality that would be worth doing it but thought I would ask in case someone else has already experimented with these.

I've got one. It smokes fine. The keystones work well and you can use them more than once. Just let em dry. I haven't tried in any other pipes but I've heard they work well if you put them in the bowl.

Feazelle-n-it":3i34vpb4 said:
I've got one. It smokes fine. The keystones work well and you can use them more than once. Just let em dry. I haven't tried in any other pipes but I've heard they work well if you put them in the bowl.
Thanks for the input, how many times do you use them before you toss em?

I usually use them two or three. It depends on how much junk is on them. I'm a heavy aromatic smoker. If you're more of an English or non-aromatic then you could get more. I just let them dry, it usually doesn't take long.

If they are clay you could probably cook em with a mapp torch and get some more miles out of em. :?: