new lighter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a prometheus lighter relatively cheap (20 dollar range) on ebay. So far it has been better than any pipe lighter I've ever owned.

I had the Nibo, lasted a couple months before it fell apart. Had a Colibri that worked great for about 6 months then died. I wish Bic would make a pipe lighter, they're only a buck and a half and they last about as long as the others :lol:

I'm interested in the new Xikar pipeline, cautiously waiting to see what folks say after several months.

I have a Colibri I really liked but retired when it was no longer reliable when I was smoking cigars. I now use it for the first light on a fresh bowl when smoking at home. The rest of the lights and the rest of the time I use a mever fail Zippo. By using the Colibri for the first light ai get a faster light with no fluid fumes and get to use a really nice lighter I paid a lot for. Relights are usually very quick so the system works great. Sounds cumbersome but a nice routine.

I have a Vertigo, something similar to the one in that video but it doesn't have that high flame feature, and it is a pain to adjust flame height. Overall it was a good use of $15, but the one in the video looks like it beats it out.

-Andrew