New member and new pipe smoker, England

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I'm a new pipe smoker and I figured this forum was the place to come to talk and get advice on the hobby. I read some of your threads when I was deciding if I should try pipe smoking and you seemed to be a decent and friendly bunch, as well as helpful on a few issues I had, so thank you for that.

About me - I'm 31, I live in central England at the moment, soon to be moving to the south west coast. I'm a writer, artist, gamer, dog lover and now a smoker too I guess! I came out of university and went straight into helping my father with his business, after about ten years of struggling with it, it finally went under, so now I'm selling up and trying to start fresh to pursue my own ambitions. It isn't how many times you get knocked down, its the getting up that counts, right?

Anyhow, I just thought I should introduce myself and say hello to everyone.

Welcome! I just joined the BoB forum recently and have learned quite a bit already and the community here is great!

Welcome, Greyson! I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here

"T"

Welcome! I recognize that avatar from an AoM contest, the winner I think.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it

gravel":hsvvj54b said:
Hmm, I'm not sure what AoM is in the context, I found this on a photography site and did some tweaks in photoshop, but you may well be correct. I thought it was funny anyhow :)

Big "howdy" from Texas :p You'll find some interesting folks here and everyone is right about evrything :twisted:

Greyson":jt4i0s5v said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate it

gravel":jt4i0s5v said:
Hmm, I'm not sure what AoM is in the context, I found this on a photography site and did some tweaks in photoshop, but you may well be correct. I thought it was funny anyhow :)
AoM is the Art of Manliness blog. Good stuff there.

Ah! Yes I do know that site, I didn't know this was related to it, but it makes sense. I knew it couldn't be Age of magic...

:cheers:
Greyson":v3f8zd61 said:
Hey there guys,

I'm a new pipe smoker and I figured this forum was the place to come to talk and get advice on the hobby. I read some of your threads when I was deciding if I should try pipe smoking and you seemed to be a decent and friendly bunch, as well as helpful on a few issues I had, so thank you for that.

About me - I'm 31, I live in central England at the moment, soon to be moving to the south west coast. I'm a writer, artist, gamer, dog lover and now a smoker too I guess! I came out of university and went straight into helping my father with his business, after about ten years of struggling with it, it finally went under, so now I'm selling up and trying to start fresh to pursue my own ambitions. It isn't how many times you get knocked down, its the getting up that counts, right?

dantiff49":6rw9wuf1 said:
:cheers:
Greyson":6rw9wuf1 said:
Hey there guys,

hellow from the heart land of america

Hi from Ireland Greyson.

I'm new to BOB myself and I must say that the other brothers have been extremely welcoming and helpful.

Your dog looks fantastic - great photo. She has amazing eyes.

Good luck on the forum.

Fraternally

Jers