New member checking in from Northern Virginia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been smoking pipes for about 5 years after inheriting some pipes from my father. A bunch of broken Dr. Grabows and a vintage parker. I still have the parker and have replaced the Dr. Grabows with some nicer nos grabows I was able to find. I've added nording's, Peterson's, savinelli's, Il ceppo's and several other single pipes up to an ardor. I love flakes, especially lakelands. Pease plugs and haddo's. McClelland no. 24, and c&d burley's. Recently I've begun to refurbish old pipes and have finished several to some success for personal use. I look forward to getting into all the talk here as most guys around me are cigar guys.

Welcome. We've a few cigar smokers here too -- but we keep them out of polite company.

Welcome aboard. Come back and post often. Looking forward to your comments.:) 

AJ

Welcome! I live just North of you in Hagerstown MD. I work in Alexandria with some frequency and try to visit the JB Hayes Fair Oaks shop as often as I can. King (a part-time clerk) and John (owner) are very knowledgeable pipe enthusiasts/repairmen.

juanmedusa":tebcbmmd said:
Hey all, I've been smoking pipes for about 5 years after inheriting some pipes from my father. A bunch of broken Dr. Grabows and a vintage parker. I still have the parker and have replaced the Dr. Grabows with some nicer nos grabows I was able to find. I've added nording's, Peterson's, savinelli's, Il ceppo's and several other single pipes up to an ardor.  I love flakes, especially lakelands. Pease plugs and haddo's. McClelland no. 24, and c&d burley's. Recently I've begun to refurbish old pipes and have finished several to some success for personal use. I look forward to getting into all the talk here as most guys around me are cigar guys.
Welcome. I just joined myself. Look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome. And riff raff, I sure am familiar with John b Hayes @ fairoaks. What a great shop. I have at least 5 pipes from there. I don't make it as often as I use to but still several times a year. I'm just over in Falls Church.

juanmedusa":kqotqb6s said:
Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome. And riff raff, I sure am familiar with John b Hayes @ fairoaks. What a great shop. I have at least 5 pipes from there. I don't make it as often as I use to but still several times a year. I'm just over in Falls Church.
We need to do a Bob Pipe night there one evening. I'm overnight there once a month or so.

If scheduling works out , I'm in for a BoB meet up at John b Hayes sometime.