New Member Checking In

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leacha

Reaction score
Hey All,

Doing the duty. New member of this board, a member of a couple others.

Saddened by the demise of Walnut & Sugar Barrel  :(

Welcome to the Brotherhood.  

Welcome to BoB.

Great state of Colorado!

Welcome Andrew!

Where abouts do you live in CO? I lived in the Springs for over 6 years and loved it. I definitely miss the mountains, but not the cold  :D 

Good to have you on board.

Brian.

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that, if I heard you right, Sugar Barrel & Walnut have been discontinued? I wasn't a huge fan of either, but I've seen ads for 'The Walnut' (as it was called then) dating back to the 1930s, and of course it was around long before that

"T"

I read on another forum (that shall not be named) that the demise of Walnut and Sugar barrel is a myth. I'll pass on the quotation from his post there.

"I just spoke with Johnathan in Public Relations at Middleton. NONE OF THESE TOBACCOS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED. I spoke to him and explained who I was and assured me this is false information. So enjoy and you do not have to load up your cellars."

Welcome leacha!

Yeah, Walnut and Sugar Barrel are alive and well.  Neither blends are, or are planned to be, discontinued.

Of course, you can't buy either of Middleton's Walnut or Sugar Barrel in pouches anymore -- they are just available in the 12 oz. tubs -- though Rich at 4 Noggins does sell both of these in 2 oz. "bulk" (he likely sells 2 oz. samples from the tubs).

Welcome Andrew to the BoB. Glad to have you on board.  :) 

AJ

I'm in Northern CO (Fort Collins area) and I'm glad the demise is a rumor. A positive out of this is I plan on smoking my cellar, trying my hand at some blending and casing, and keeping 5 or 10 of my favorites in stock.

Fr_Tom":jiivzsz5 said:
I read on another forum (that shall not be named) that the demise of Walnut and Sugar barrel is a myth. I'll pass on the quotation from his post there.

"I just spoke with Johnathan in Public Relations at Middleton. NONE OF THESE TOBACCOS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED. I spoke to him and explained who I was and assured me this is false information. So enjoy and you do not have to load up your cellars."

Welcome leacha!
From Milan Tobacconists: We were recently advised by our distributor that the John Middleton Co. has discontinued the following blends effective immediately: Cherry Blend - 12 oz. Canister; Gold & Mild - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch; Kentucky Club Continental, Mixture & Regular Blends - 12 & 14 oz. Canisters and 1 1/2 oz. Packet; Prince Albert - 1 1/2 oz. Tin Style Packet; Royal Comfort - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch; Sugar Barrel - 12 oz. Canister; Walnut - 12 oz. Canister; and Wine Berry - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch.

Sounds like some of these are totally gone.

leacha":p3surl75 said:
Hey All,

Doing the duty. New member of this board, a member of a couple others.

Saddened by the demise of Walnut & Sugar Barrel  :(
A warm and hearty welcome. (I am always saddened at the loss of anyone's favorites.)